Heritage Owners Club

Be Brave! H-137 HOC LE update!

DetroitBlues

2 hours ago, y2kc said:

The whole guitar looks nice. The ebony board looks inviting.

IIRC, that's a dark rosewood FB.  It does look like ebony.

Looks awesome DBlues! 

Congratulations, it's your guitar so you can do with it what you like! I guess I have to be the lone dissenter on this thread. Although it changes the look radically, and not necessarily in a bad way,  it's just not my cup of tea. Plus, if you ever decide to remove it, you can plug up the holes with putty. 

But of course, I just returned from Beef O Brady's after downing 3 or 4 pitchers of beer also! So what the heck do I know?!

If there was a beautiful flame top, I'd pass on a pickguard.

To me, the 137 design always looks like its missing something.

The pickguard seems perfect to me.

My son was heavily against a pickguard, but once he saw it in person, he was okay with it.

Cryoman's design is Stellar!  

As Paul see's it, the design is Interstellar!

Star Trek.jpg

I like having a guard.   I tend to drag my fingers on the top, and it scratches the finish.  I can see it on the finish of my Millennium and my Dean acoustic and my Melancon's guard. 

For the 137, the plastic guard is fine, but on the 157 and 535, I like having the wooden guard the best.  

25 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

I like having a guard.   I tend to drag my fingers on the top, and it scratches the finish.  I can see it on the finish of my Millennium and my Dean acoustic and my Melancon's guard. 

For the 137, the plastic guard is fine, but on the 157 and 535, I like having the wooden guard the best.  

Wish we could still get the wooden pickguards.  The plain, single ply pickguard that came with my 535 looks so cheap against the beauty of the 535, I would never install it

Someone with good woodworking skills should be able to make them.    Some black stain and a can of lacquer should do the trick.    The toughest part would be adding the binding, I would think.  That not really necessary except if you have something like the 157 with multiply binding already.

10 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Someone with good woodworking skills should be able to make them.    Some black stain and a can of lacquer should do the trick.    The toughest part would be adding the binding, I would think.  That not really necessary except if you have something like the 157 with multiply binding already.

I'd rather have a pickguard that matches the top in color and in grain.  I know that's near impossible, but it has been done at least for matching color.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Wish we could still get the wooden pickguards.  The plain, single ply pickguard that came with my 535 looks so cheap against the beauty of the 535, I would never install it

Get a multiply ply from this guy I'm sure he would make you a nice one. You might have to sent him your guard to measure.  http://www.mojoaxe.com/

Archived