Heritage Owners Club

A look back at Heritage

skydog52

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, skydog52 said:

It has the thinner body and a belly cut and weighs 9.0 lbs. My 20th anniversary with the thicker body weighs 9.0 lbs.  All in the wood.

Notice the horn cut. It is a slightly smaller body also.

Anniversary Hs.jpg

So is it more like the 2nd edition shape or unique all on its own?  Saw one exactly like in on Reverb, while overpriced IMHO, I really like it.

14 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

So is it more like the 2nd edition shape or unique all on its own?  Saw one exactly like in on Reverb, while overpriced IMHO, I really like it.

You’re missing the obvious. Les Paul horn cut. The body is also narrower which is standard on all 140s back then. 

dot_clear.gif dot_clear.gif dot_clear.gif dot_clear.gif
banner

bulletsYl.gif Artists Corner

bulletsYl.gif Dealer Spotlight

bulletsYl.gif Player Profile

bulletsYl.gif Notes from Lasar

banner

Picture of Seymour

Heritage and
A Man Named Seymour

Seymour Duncan has long been considered the pickup of choice for vintage guitar enthusiasts. Duncan's vintage pedigree goes all the way back to England in the 1960's when a young, American studio musician named Seymour picked up some extra cash by rewinding pickups for such local guitar heroes as Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. Seymour's rewinds quickly became the big rage on both sides of the Atlantic and shortly thereafter, the world's leading musical instrument pickup manutacturer was born.

Now, Heritage Guitars is pleased to announce that all H15OCM Classic's will come equipped with the Duncan SH-1, known as the 59TM Model. It has the same warm, smooth tone and sustain that are usually only found in vintage pickups. Check out these details: -Plain Enamel Wire -Wood Spacers -Black Paper Tape -Braided, single -Conductor Hookup Cable -Square Hole with Round Ring on the Bobbins -Nickel-Plated Studs -Alnico Magnets -laand Built, Made in USA.

The Heritage/Seymour Duncan connection goes deep owing to the common vintage background the two companies share. In fact, several Duncan executives have purchased Heritage guitars for their personal collections. Gee, do you think these guys are on to something?

Finally, we have a project in development called the Heritage 10th Anniversary Model We can't divulge all of the details at this point, but we can say that these one-of-a kind collector's instruments will feature custom Seyniour Duncan humbuckers with a very special, very personal connection between Heritage and a man named Seymour. Stay tuned...

Bottom Image

38 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

That is the funkiest looking strap button I've ever seen.  Doesn't look like it will hold anything, I'm assuming its a strap lock of some sort?

Looks like a thumb tack to me.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, skydog52 said:

H-157 Limited

H-157 Limited.jpg

H-157 Limited.jpg 2.jpg

H-157 Limited.jpg Head.jpg

I recognize this one!  I remember not so many years ago that many claimed you had to has a heavy axe to be a tone monster (Brent!).  There may be truth to that, too.  I've heard that quite a bit over the years.

I've got #39.  It's not that heavy, about 9.5 lbs.  I got this from skydog52 about four years ago.  He was incredibly patient while I kept getting lost trying to find where to meet him while I was driving a car load of kids.  He's a great soul!

12 hours ago, skydog52 said:

The three 25th Anniversary Models. A little disappointed on these.

H140_25th_h.jpg

The H140 was the only special one of that bunch.  Bound Headstock was really cool.

I wanted the HOC 137 LE to be a H140, especially the 1st Gen body shape.  

Does anyone know anyone with this H140 model?

13 hours ago, skydog52 said:

The three 25th Anniversary Models. A little disappointed on these.

H140_25th_h.jpg

H150_25th_h.jpg

H535_25th_h.jpg

I had two of these 25th Anni's.  The H-150 surprisingly was a lightweight routed guitar.  It's a beautiful VSB.  The woods and the finish was flawless.  It is now in RhoadsScholar's estate.  Another was a blond 535, again a beautiful guitar.  That went to someone on the east coast.  They were good examples of Heritage's work.  Aside from the TRC and certificate I wouldn't have known they were special.

1 hour ago, MartyGrass said:

I had two of these 25th Anni's.  The H-150 surprisingly was a lightweight routed guitar.  It's a beautiful VSB.  The woods and the finish was flawless.  It is now in RhoadsScholar's estate.  Another was a blond 535, again a beautiful guitar.  That went to someone on the east coast.  They were good examples of Heritage's work.  Aside from the TRC and certificate I wouldn't have known they were special.

Yes I wish they did a little more to make them special. Something permanent like special inlays etc. 

25th Anniversary is a big milestone I think.

3 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Yes I wish they did a little more to make them special. Something permanent like special inlays etc. 

25th Anniversary is a big milestone I think.

Agreed.   It would have been nice to see something like they did with the LE2000 Millenniums.   Special inlays and at least bind the headstock.   I think they look 100% better with the binding.

gallery_790_192_145195.jpg

Just to pile on a bit, I also don't understand why the 25th Anniversary guitars didn't get just a bit more bling. 

I played a brand new 25th H-150 to test-drive a n.o.s. Heritage Liberty amp.  Bought the amp...left the guitar at the shop.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:43 PM, skydog52 said:

Wow! Nice snatch as some say. 

I remember showing up at the factory once and talking to Bill Paige as if he really was Jimi's brother....he politely told me I was wrong....................I never et on, Figured he needs a story to tell.............

Archived