Heritage Owners Club

Got my amp back from the repair guy. Tolex restore question.

JeffB

2 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Was it something the first tech missed, or did a tube just go and take a bunch of things with it? I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I definitely have friends who had a tube go a few days after installation, and fry some components.

It's definitely interesting how on most of their amps, one channel has TMB, and the other is BMT. Definitely makes dialing in channels a bit interesting at times. My R55 is a pretty "simple" design, but still has 4 push pull voicing pots. It IS nice to be able to turn the "Fender Channel" from Tweed to Blackface with the pull of a knob though.

I would love to blame someone else but its all my own doing. Im not even going to say what I did. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This amp sounds amazing. I'm quite blown away by the increased quality of sound, I thought it sounded good before the work was done.

Its still a familiar sound but there's a whole lot more going on. Ive had to back off the bass and pull down the treble and presence. Its also quieter.

My wife came in while I was goofing around with it and said it sounds really good. That spun me out!

Archived