Heritage Owners Club

WhAts with gold tops

holyroller

18 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

FWIW,  those images came from your gallery.    I just right click on a pic,  hit Copy Image Location, the in the message editor, right click and Paste.     Not sure what issue you're having with  your browser, unless its a phone browser.   I HATE phone browsers.   They are ok for short texts, or to read an email, but I stay away from browsing on my phone.

Unless you are on HamsterXXX !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/31/2020 at 8:25 AM, LK155 said:

What?  Some of the older guitars were spayed?  No wonder I can't get mine to reproduce good music.

Mine was neutered. The pickups were gone. 

2 hours ago, pressure said:

Retired, ha. In the art business everyday is a new day.

I also have a 2011 27" imac. Hmmm partition the hard drive, very interesting.

Yup...I love Snow Leopard...anything after that is an attempt to make things better...fail!

I photo, garage band, I dvd after Snow leopard is FUBAR IMHO> ;)

7 hours ago, ElNumero said:

Not me. You can drag me away kicking and screaming but I am not giving up my Texas Instruments TI99

I have a couple of the Peripheral Expansion boxes, and a 512KB Corcomp Ramdrive if you need to expand it.   I'll make you a deal, and include the Pascal card for your programming work.

Speaking of goldtops...

Just finished dropping a Boss CS2 compressor into another guitar, my newly acquired '94 140 GT, that has a nice ring to it .....GT.

I used the factory mute switch for the true bypass function, very fortuitous.

Some gut shots of the factory wiring VIP circuit as well.

Cheers!

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

2 minutes ago, loudtubeamps said:

'94   140 VIP switching...

3 minutes ago, loudtubeamps said:

Speaking of goldtops...

Just finished dropping another Boss CS2 compressor into another guitar, my newly acquired '94 140 GT, that has a nice ring .....GT.

Some gut shots of the factory wiring VIP circuit as well.

Cheers!

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

So how do you shield that from the pots and power it up?

1 minute ago, DetroitBlues said:

So how do you shield that from the pots and power it up?

For now, a couple of my business cards are insulating the board from the pots below.

In the shot above, I have a regular 9v tucked over on the left.

I am waiting for some blank pick guard.

When it arrives, I'll be cutting a new cover plate and saving the original.

I will be drilling a hole in the home made plate for a coaxial connector for the re-chargable batt. that will be installed.

thanks for askin' DetroitBlues

16 hours ago, loudtubeamps said:

For now, a couple of my business cards are insulating the board from the pots below.

In the shot above, I have a regular 9v tucked over on the left.

I am waiting for some blank pick guard.

When it arrives, I'll be cutting a new cover plate and saving the original.

I will be drilling a hole in the home made plate for a coaxial connector for the re-chargable batt. that will be installed.

thanks for askin' DetroitBlues

Wow, didn't even noticed that battery.  Lot of crammed space in there.  So once the compressor is installed, are the settings fixed?

6 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Wow, didn't even noticed that battery.  Lot of crammed space in there.  So once the compressor is installed, are the settings fixed?

Before I pull the p.c. board out of the case I'll noodle around with the CS 2 comparing  (on /off) levels, attack and compression.

Once I find the sweet spots I disconnect the pots from the board, measure their values and replace those values with fixed resistors. 

You may notice a couple of 1/2 watt resistors at the top of the board that look out of place.

I try to go for a level slightly above unity gain for a bit of boost, a fast attack to retain the bite( not too squishy) and a compression that gives me a sustain that doubles the hang time.

The guitar's output volume pot. gives me some control over the compressor's squish while retaining the release time. 

The elimination of the controls also helps if one has OCD so it's a win-win for me.

Archived