Heritage Owners Club

What’s on the Bench?

DetroitBlues

11 minutes ago, loudtubeamps said:

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

DetroitBlues  I would expect a higher cost, but why don't I see more one piece tops or at least mirror image / book matching done? 

Like this?

4ab95da30568d7843fbf836b47f3183f.0000001.jpg

Probably has more to do with the thickness of the blade allowing minimal waste and more symmetrical shaping.  

Also, that back is flat.  Heritage H150's are carved top, so as the wood is carved out, less symmetrical patterns will be apparent.

33 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Probably has more to do with the thickness of the blade allowing minimal waste and more symmetrical shaping.  

Also, that back is flat.  Heritage H150's are carved top, so as the wood is carved out, less symmetrical patterns will be apparent.

Gotcha', makes sense, Thanks.

I remembered this article. 

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/why-are-10-tops-typically-not-book-matched.840/

The few that I have seen that were on piece or center / book matched always impressed me.

33 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Resawing wood is an art. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived