Heritage Owners Club

Vintage Sound 22

Hi. So In another post I asked about Carr. But then saw locally, a Vintage Sound 22sc. Seem like good amps, but far cheaper $ than Carr new or used. Any thoughts as to why? Hows the build quality, and how close ly does it resemble vintage fender deluxe reverbs? 

There is no set price standard for boutique amps, they sell for whatever the company thinks they can get. Carr Amps are no more more boutique than Vintage Sound amps, they are both good companies. Vintage Sound amps sound great, and are built great. They are basically idealized Blackface Fenders built by people that know and appreciate the original circuits.

16 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

There is no set price standard for boutique amps, they sell for whatever the company thinks they can get. Carr Amps are no more more boutique than Vintage Sound amps, they are both good companies. Vintage Sound amps sound great, and are built great. They are basically idealized Blackface Fenders built by people that know and appreciate the original circuits.

yes- that is my experience too.  I like mine a lot.  Excellent build quality.  Very user friendly.  See my post in your Carr topic.  Here's my VS 20 (jazz version).  That tilt stand on the bottom was aftermarket addition by pervious owner.  Cool little spring loading tilt stand.

BC0A137D-5C6F-4D2D-94C1-8DF4D64F4709_1_105_c.jpeg

11 minutes ago, tsp17 said:

yes- that is my experience too.  I like mine a lot.  Excellent build quality.  Very user friendly.  See my post in your Carr topic.  Here's my VS 20 (jazz version).  That tilt stand on the bottom was aftermarket addition by pervious owner.  Cool little spring loading tilt stand.

BC0A137D-5C6F-4D2D-94C1-8DF4D64F4709_1_105_c.jpeg

I love the dwell on the reverb and that is a cool little stand!

Archived