Heritage Owners Club

How limited or rare were the H150 LW's?

ElNumero

16 hours ago, ElNumero said:

I have tried that too, not slapping it though. My guitars do not engage in BDSM. NO balancing issues at all. SG's are so damn light to begin with too. 

What you do at the privacy of your own home is your business, including your guitars.... Now what you strap on is also something we don't want to know or even visualize. :blink:

Seriously though, I've always loved SG's, probably because of Angus Young.  

36 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Seriously though, I've always loved SG's, probably because of Angus Young.  

PETE!!!

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

Pete was a bit before my time.  

Fortunately, for the less aged crew, there's googlishish...

3 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Oh, I know who he is, just the Who were before my time...  Van Halen and AC/DC were big when I was a kid in the mid-70's through the 80's...

So sorry to hear.  Good times!

On 11/12/2020 at 9:22 AM, ElNumero said:

And no neck dive, whatever the hell that is. 

So your guitar doesn't exhibit neck-dive, but you don't know what neck-dive is???

Will, sometimes you make laugh at your "Will quotes/thoughts".  

On 11/14/2020 at 6:43 PM, Kuz said:

So your guitar doesn't exhibit neck-dive, but you don't know what neck-dive is???

Will, sometimes you make laugh at your "Will quotes/thoughts".  

Google is my best friend

On 11/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, ElNumero said:

Google is my best friend

You should consult your "best friend" then.... just saying.....

On 11/18/2020 at 10:28 AM, Steiner said:

Townshend!!!

I know Pete TOWNSHEND recorded and performed more with Gretsch 6120 (all of Who's next), SGs, and over the last 30 years Strats.  But I still associate him most playing those numbered LP Deluxe guitars.  I thought he looked bad ass with those around his neck, and he beat the loving sh*t out of them!

townsend.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kuz said:

I know Pete TOWNSHEND recorded and performed more with Gretsch 6120 (all of Who's next), SGs, and over the last 30 years Strats.  But I still associate him most playing those numbered LP Deluxe guitars.  I thought he looked bad ass with those around his neck, and he beat the loving sh*t out of them!

townsend.jpg

In the early '70s, Townshend was almost always seen on stage with a late-Sixties Gibbons SG Standard and massive stacks of Hiwatt amps, but in the studio during this period he rarely used either. Instead, his main guitar rig on classic Who albums like Who’s Next and Quadrophenia was a 1959 Gretsch 6120 plugged into a 1959 Fender Bandmaster amp.

I wasn't able to fins a good live recording of Won't Get Fooled Again with an SG.  You're right, all the best recordings came with the #'d Les Pauls.

Just now, Steiner said:

In the early '70s, Townshend was almost always seen on stage with a late-Sixties Gibbons SG Standard and massive stacks of Hiwatt amps, but in the studio during this period he rarely used either. Instead, his main guitar rig on classic Who albums like Who’s Next and Quadrophenia was a 1959 Gretsch 6120 plugged into a 1959 Fender Bandmaster amp.

I wasn't able to fins a good live recording of Won't Get Fooled Again with an SG.  You're right, all the best recordings came with the #'d Les Pauls.

I am not sure he ever recorded with the LP Deluxes, but he performed on stage with them and they looked righteous around his neck! 

8 minutes ago, Kuz said:

I am not sure he ever recorded with the LP Deluxes, but he performed on stage with them and they looked righteous around his neck! 

Live recordings

Archived