Heritage Owners Club

Mid-1980's Heritage H-140 Cherryburst With the Hockey Stick Headstock

HeriD

Pardon my manners; welcome to the HOC!  You'll soon become accustomed to the :this_thread_is_useless_without_

It's still the wild west here.  You can appropriate any photos, phrase and, ultimately, others guitars without abandon.  Just like SkinSlammer used to do.  I can't say I've ever seen a hockey stick headstock on an H-140.  I'd imagine it to be quite rare.

FredZepp (If that is your real name lol) Yes, that be the pics from brentrocks, yes? Awesome lookin' Heritage. I told him that I swear I think I used to own this axe back in the 80's, but I wouldn't know for sure because I don't know what I ever did with any papers. I wrote the serial on a piece of paper but I dunno what ever happened to it. Anyhow, I wouldn't want this one because the headstock was cracked at some point in the last 30 years. Still my favorite Heritage, though!

Like I said, if anyone can get production info, or any info at all about this axe, I'd appreciate it! There's got to be more than one out there. I emailed Heritage this week, and the apparently youngster I talked to had never even seen one like it before. I'd bet most of the guys that built guitars at heritage back then are either dead or retired.

At the early and mid stages of Heritage , they were open to customizing standard models.  It was not like the big manufacturers.  

That 140 has the banana headstock and it looks like it had a Kahler or something where that question mark is.  

Or here is a 140 with trap inlays.. or a 150 with banana headstock and lipstick pickups.. ha

ACtC-3c-yOdN65fQwSLbwoAL9Z4F_zMncWYcrQYfdqEmgnI5yjtufJ9SxKs0K1XfvA8wRTdr3dU-Kda1JgG1fDNd2X-J1JOLbwzS2dZrxMVWrmaROKGNVfeQeQJEDd0J_y1OJ4itXXUSdL1LZwyb2NIw7_5ccg=w502-h903-no?authuser=0ACtC-3cNNl08aeENz_IWdQ4dW94l_BKg8WpnCbXf

8 hours ago, HeriD said:

Off Topic, but why do I keep getting the message in my mail that "You logged on using a device we've never seen before". Will that eventually stop happening? LOL

I would assume that message will go away, most likely because you are new is what is causing it.

As for official records?  You probably will never find one.  Heritage used to use old fashion ledger hand-written ledger books.  For the first 30+ years, that was their record keeping process. 

As Mr. Steiner pointed out, you're free to use other people's photos for clarity, questions, topic's, etc.  For most pictures on the web, if you right click on an image you can get the image link.  Just paste it here in the threads.  If you are uploading an image, click on the little paperclip in the bottom left to attach a file.  Remember the total file size cannot exceed 1.5MB.

Old guys at Heritage not dead yet. J.P. Moats, one of the founders, has passed away. Marv Lamb and Bill Page are retired. Ren Wall who worked for decades at 225 Parsons st., while not an owner, still works at Heritage and is a treasure trove of Gibbons's and Heritage knowledge.

8 hours ago, HeriD said:

Off Topic, but why do I keep getting the message in my mail that "You logged on using a device we've never seen before". Will that eventually stop happening? LOL

Whenever I clear my browsing history, the next time I log into the HOC site, I immediately get this email too. 

So I suspect the site software leaves a cookie on your computer that serves to identify your device i.d.  If that cookie gets deleted when you do a cleanup, you now look like a new device.  That's my guess anyway. 

7 minutes ago, pressure said:

Old guys at Heritage not dead yet. J.P. Moats, one of the founders, has passed away. Marv Lamb and Bill Page are retired. Ren Wall who worked for decades at 225 Parsons st., while not an owner, still works at Heritage and is a treasure trove of Gibbons's and Heritage knowledge.

Oh boy, sure hope I didn't make it sound like the founders are no longer with us.  That would be a very, very sad day for the Heritage community.

I wanted to thank everyone who posted on this topic. I just came across the photo of that guitar this week (11/09/2020) and it was kinda like seeing an old ex for the first time in decades, who might have been thru a rough relationshjp or two over the years. Still kick myself for pawning it! I'll leave this door open indefinitely just in case anyone has any additional info (maybe from Heritage themselves?) OR maybe someone knows where there might be another one out there. So far I've only seen this one example with the cracked headstock that was posted by brentrocks, which made me think that I may have been one of the previous owners, if not one of the first owners. She was mint when I had her. Cheers!

Archived