Heritage Owners Club

Supro Blues King 1x12 15w Amp Combo

DetroitBlues

By looks alone, I think this is a special amp. 

Add the features and tube configuration, it seems to be worth the cost.

Might just be a Fender Blues Junior killer, even more Fender like since its a 6L6 not an EL84 amp.

Sweetwater has it on sale for $299.

Any thoughts?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BluesKing12--supro-blues-king-12-15-watt-1x12-inch-tube-combo

I picked one up earlier on Friday. At that time it was $329, and they were including a 15’ cable and slipcover with it. They dropped the price to $299 when they ran out of the slipcovers. I’d rather have had if for $299, as I usually just throw a towel over my amp in lieu of a slipcover.

14 hours ago, davesultra said:

I picked one up earlier on Friday. At that time it was $329, and they were including a 15’ cable and slipcover with it. They dropped the price to $299 when they ran out of the slipcovers. I’d rather have had if for $299, as I usually just throw a towel over my amp in lieu of a slipcover.

Curious to know your assessment.  My Blues Jr sale one one of the biggest regrets I've had in a gear selling over the years.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:49 AM, DetroitBlues said:

Curious to know your assessment.  My Blues Jr sale one one of the biggest regrets I've had in a gear selling over the years.

Here’s my thoughts on it. I received it on Sunday, just dropped it off at UPS for a return today.

While I can say that I liked it better than a Blues Jr. I still didn’t find it interesting enough for my wants (notice I didn’t say “needs”). 

It was an impulse buy, and in the end just didn’t feel like it was in my best interest to keep it. If it had knocked my socks off, it may have been a different story. Looked cool as hell though.

So what was it like?   Crunchy?  Clean?   Mushy?   Fender, Vox or Marshall type of tone?   Old Valco sound?   I've only played the Blues Jr once that I can remember (at PSP?).   I like my Peavey Classic 30 for a small amp with a decent crunch.  

For $299 its almost like a practice amp, although it should be similar to a Princeton in power.

To be honest, I hardly ever play clean (99%+ in the dirt). And while I’m not a high gain player, I do like to go with the amps available dirt sounds (not a pedal guy). I would describe the dirty sounds as kind of a “fuzz-tortion” sound. Not bad, but really not tremendously different than sounds I can get from my DSL in which I run a 12AU7/ECC82 in the V1. And while it wasn’t expensive, I really didn’t see where it would have seen much use after the honeymoon period was over. 

Archived