Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Custom Core Spotted

abcpeterson

Marcus is a good friend-known him since he was 16. Surprising to see him with a Heritage strapped on. I do know he endorses Orange amps and even has a signature model. 

Yes Marcus is a great player and singer. 

He performed Wildflowers & Wine on the Tonight Show last night. Sounded great and tight with good band mates. 

Only 24 He has bright future. 

30 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

I wonder how he came to acquire this Heritage?

Is it possible that he may be becoming a Heritage endorsed  artist?

I saw Marcus live last year, and he was absolutely amazing!

If you read the caption, Marcus was at the Orange Amps Showroom, probably was their guitar Marcus just picked up and started playing.  

I seriously doubt Gibbons would let him go and Heritage does not give away guitars to artists anymore.  Deeply discounted, but no giveaways.

21 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

I caught that performance too.  Impressive talent.  Reminded me of Sean Costello with a better voice.  Mature and well beyond his years.

While I do see a small resemblance in the style, I have to adamantly disagree about a better voice.   Sean's voice was better.  And the playing between the two are very different.  In that tonight show clip, (just my opinion) was some fretboard gymnastics that didn't provide (for me) a melodic solo.  Sean's vocals would have howled in pain & anguish and his solo would have had a less notes but would have still alternated in & out of pentatonic and modal scales, crafting a melodic soulful gem.

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way.  I am not dumping on you or Marcus.  I am just seeing a sliver of resemblance between MK & SC, and realize that Sean Costello was my hero and favorite blues player.  And talk about mature beyond his years, we lost Sean on his 28th Birthday.  And in that short time he had 5 studio albums and played with all the giants, including BB King.  When I first heard Sean Costello, I was blown away with his tone, singing, and playing.  I still don't hear any players that can cover straight blues, jump blues, and a blues/jazz fusion that harkens back to the early 50s. 

And I fully acknowledge that a "better voice", "better playing", and "better tone" is all subjective. 

I heard the connection to Sean Costello's voice, but I prefer Marcus King's, for two reasons, I think he has better vocal tone and much better control of his voice. The soul singer vocal phrasing that he did with those harmony singers was pretty tight, and as I listened to it, I thought that performance could have easily been used on a live album! And I like a more rocking blues guitar style better, although the slap back echo on the Tonight Show clip kind kind of obscured the melody in that solo. As Kuz said though, it's all subjective. Neither one of these guys would make my top ten, so I probably see it, and hear it, different than most of their fans. 

Both are good.   

Of the two,  I'll go with Marcus.   I've heard him several times live, and he's versatile,  and in some ways, unique in his live shows with the horn section, something you don't typically hear with a "blues band".      His vocal work has improved tremendously  over the past 3 years.  I think he's got a long bright future ahead.

On 12/17/2020 at 6:48 AM, brentrocks said:

I wonder how he came to acquire this Heritage?

Is it possible that he may be becoming a Heritage endorsed  artist?

I saw Marcus live last year, and he was absolutely amazing!

He doesn't endorse Heritage, he is by Gibbons. Has his own signature ES345 based on his original he inherited from his Grandfather

While MK is incredible in his own right, he is not a pure blues player like SC was. Marcus will be the first to tell you he is not a blues guitar player, although he was weaned on blues through is guitar playing Father. I am not about to compare the two, as they seem like apples and oranges to me. I admire tremendously SC's body of work the short time he was on this earth. I still remember when I met him at the Northside Tavern in Atlanta - the guys in my blues band at the time said, "you gotta hear this guy, he will blow you away". And that he did!

On 12/17/2020 at 7:23 AM, DetroitBlues said:

If you read the caption, Marcus was at the Orange Amps Showroom, probably was their guitar Marcus just picked up and started playing.  

I seriously doubt Gibbons would let him go and Heritage does not give away guitars to artists anymore.  Deeply discounted, but no giveaways.

Especially since they built a signature ES-345 based on his original 1962

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Looks like Marcus is still generating some good press out there.  I didn't realize he's been nominated for a Grammy!

Music Radar Interview with Marcus King

You must be hiding your head in a sandtrap!!!

Archived