Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H-535 hairline crack , should I be concerned?

glengood87

Just purchased this 2018 Heritage H-535 on a clearance sale, and didn't notice it in store lighting but after getting it home and playing it I noticed this crack:

https://imgur.com/a/3OcUqUE

These guitars have a Nitro finish which I've read this can happen to, and it's nearly 3 years old. Does this look like something to be concerned about, or just enjoy and let the laquer-cracking commence?

Yeah I bought it in-store, but don't think the store was deliberately hiding anything as it is hard to see in most lighting conditions, certainly didn't notice it when testing it out.

Have asked them if they can at least have a look to make sure, as it's still in the 12-month warranty but general consensus here and from another forum is it doesn't look structural so I'm happy to keep enjoying it :)

Yeah I doubt that's a wood crack, and nitro/lacquer cracks easy. I don't know if finish cracks are covered in the warranty, but me, personally, I would just enjoy it if it's a good sounding and playing guitar. I guess it just depends on how good of a deal you got on it on whether you want to keep it or not.

That's a lacquer check.

Don't worry about it.  Someday you will see its cousins if you keep the guitar long enough.  They're almost inevitable.  I don't even see them as a flaw anymore.

If I could save some money over a few lacquer checks, I wouldn't hesitate a second.

16 hours ago, glengood87 said:

Yeah, it does feel and sound good. Price was roughly $1700US, which is cheaper than I have seen them go for used here in Australia (normally around $1900US used here)

If that's the price you snagged it for,   then you didn't get a deal,  you got a STEAL!

Archived