Heritage Owners Club

An unpopular comment

MartyGrass

16 hours ago, Steiner said:

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT DIMENSIONS!

Easily solved...

Everyone chip in to buy me one, and I'll provide dimension's ASAP!

I'll save some money too in purchasing a model that hasn't been aged.  ($500 savings!)

Act now while supplies last!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me.  The only issue regarding the Heritage headstock is one of subliminal cognitive dissonance in those for whom it's an issue:  It's not the Gibs*n open book headstock.  And the hilarious irony in all of this is that it is a Gibs*n headstock. 

Allow me to digress.  I had the Twentieth Anniversary 150 and its headstock in the studio all weekend.  Two tunes, multiple tracks on each, and the 150 felt and sounded so terrific it got the call every time.  One track was on a Big Rock Tune, and I got to record arpeggiated changes through a vintage Leslie, really L O U D .  My first time recording through an actual Leslie, and it was glorious !!  I had to play through it for ten minutes before tracking, just to get over the shakes, the sound was so immersive, so oceanic, so beautifully overwhelming.

Wait a minute...what was the issue with the headstock...?

I opened the case of my H150 the other day and was shocked by how small the headstock was.

Surprised is probably a better word.

But the shock surprise didn't end there, the whole thing is a little guitar! Everything about it is petite. Probably seems obvious to everyone else but it came as a shock surprise to me to realise how dinky LP type guitars are. My MusicMan feels tiny but its generally a bit larger in most places than the H150.

The H150 is heavy though. Little guitar big powerful voice.

Ive never liked Gibbons headstocks, open book type, they always looked wrong a bit of a tacked on eyesore, to me. I avoided guitars that had similarly splayed headstocks.
Somehow despite that dislike I now have 4 guitars with headstocks that splay out at the top and have become accustom to seeing them, opening the H150 case and seeing that small headstock made me do a double take.
 After a few moments looking at it everything normalised and it was all good again, it looked right. I wouldnt want it to be bigger on a little guitar like that.

1 hour ago, yoslate said:

Forgive me.  The only issue regarding the Heritage headstock is one of subliminal cognitive dissonance in those for whom it's an issue:  It's not the Gibs*n open book headstock.  And the hilarious irony in all of this is that it is a Gibs*n headstock. 

Allow me to digress.  I had the Twentieth Anniversary 150 and its headstock in the studio all weekend.  Two tunes, multiple tracks on each, and the 150 felt and sounded so terrific it got the call every time.  One track was on a Big Rock Tune, and I got to record arpeggiated changes through a vintage Leslie, really L O U D .  My first time recording through an actual Leslie, and it was glorious !!  I had to play through it for ten minutes before tracking, just to get over the shakes, the sound was so immersive, so oceanic, so beautifully overwhelming.

I remember as a teenager checking out some of the best rock bands around Albuquerque New Mexico, and more than one of them had the guitar player packing a Leslie cabinet around with him! I love that sound!  

2 hours ago, yoslate said:

Exactly.  What IS the issue with the headstock?

I never thought there was one.  But some opinionated yahoos don't like it because it's not what they're used to.  Jeez Louise, what a pitiful excuse to hate something.  They really need to consider directing their displeasure elsewhere.  Or opening their minds a bit.  

Heritage headstocks are functional, not unattractive, and presumably a lot lighter than some other brands' headstocks, so who cares?

Not I.

I was buying a very nice speaker cab from a fellow on another forum, and went to his home to pick it up.  Took along my H150 (20th Ann., the blue one) because he claimed to know nothing about Heritage.  (He sure knew everything that was possible to know about the G-brand, though).  After playing the H150 enthusiastically for a few minutes he asked me why he had never heard of Heritage.  I didn't want to answer him, because the cab wasn't in the trunk of my car yet.

4 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Haters gonna hate. 

And many are historically ignorant.

250+ Gibson Headstock ideas | gibson, vintage guitars, guitar1930 Gibson L-1Vintage 1932 Gibson L - 5 Archtop Guitar Headstock | ギターimage.jpeg.6d2c4e80719e08711a26666c1b2ad2fc.jpeg

Oh well there ya go! Who the heck do you think you are coming on here and stating facts, and showing proof?! Are you trying to derail the Hater Express? For shame!!!

I had a G-ibson MK 72 for a while.Quite a nice guitar,too heavy,wouldnt project in public

but i thought a good guitar to use in a studio.The odd Kasha bracing always made the top feel

a little unstable.Traded it in against a 1955 J50,but I've often wondered if I should have

kept it a little longer

On 1/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, DetroitBlues said:

I think it looks good on some but not all Heritages.

CEO of Reverend has an Orange H155 with the Circle H headstock.

Looks like a hot rod guitar to me.

A45E0A4F-A21A-4FFC-B764-FFB08358DBCC.jpeg

I am interested in this guitar. I like it. I think I need one like this.....bet it is a dream to play......Took me a while to get use to the 1985 headstock but it did not take long.....the only ones that I prefer to look at are guitars that have no headstock...not big on that 1980s fad...or whenever it happened....but to each his own.....God Bless every guitar player - headstocked or headless......PLAY ON!

17 hours ago, Nuages said:

I am interested in this guitar. I like it. I think I need one like this.....bet it is a dream to play......Took me a while to get use to the 1985 headstock but it did not take long.....the only ones that I prefer to look at are guitars that have no headstock...not big on that 1980s fad...or whenever it happened....but to each his own.....God Bless every guitar player - headstocked or headless......PLAY ON!

That guitar can be ordered at Heritage's Custom Shop through their Bespoke Program.

https://heritageguitars.com/pages/bespoke-program

It was a guitar you could order, but the model lineup has changed and only specific models are in the core line.

This is a Heritage H-155 Single Cutaway, standard wiring configuration and cutaway soft horn.  Circle H logo is also now a Custom Order feature.

Archived