Heritage Owners Club

Green Johnny Smith

MartyGrass

This should be in the eBay area, I know.  But forget the sales part of this for a moment.  What's up with green here?  The HJS is a traditional archtop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heritage-Johhny-Smith-Archtop-Electric-Guitar/363262176870

I have to admit that the color does grow on me as time passes.

Here are some other unusual finishes in the same model.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

post-2038-1277791631.jpg

ef917a8fb0b5845675d56613feacf32e.jpg

I do not like green or blue guitars. Except the blue one I own, but that's different. Guitars should never be green or blue (except the one I own). There is no room for debate on this topic. I would be willing to discuss the inappropriatness of clown puke burst or that awful maraschino cherry red (not the good Luxardo ones, either, I mean the fluorescent grocery store ones). Blue and green, however...non-discussable.

4 minutes ago, Dick Seacup said:

I do not like green or blue guitars. Except the blue one I own, but that's different. Guitars should never be green or blue (except the one I own). There is no room for debate on this topic. I would be willing to discuss the inappropriatness of clown puke burst or that awful maraschino cherry red (not the good Luxardo ones, either, I mean the fluorescent grocery store ones). Blue and green, however...non-discussable.

ha2eEk.jpg

19 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

Get thee behind me Satan.

You could always ban green guitars from this forum forever!

Sorry, but that Olive L5 just looks .... drab!   I don't think I would even play it unless it was in a dark room.

The 555, on the other hand, is welcome to stay at my place anytime it wants.   Its exactly what I said before,  Green, gold accents,  nice binding.    Heck, its even in my high school colors... green and gold!    It makes me feel 17 again.

Maybe I can play it at the sock hop. :thumbsup:

On 1/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, TalismanRich said:

The 555, on the other hand, is welcome to stay at my place anytime it wants.   Its exactly what I said before,  Green, gold accents,  nice binding.    Heck, its even in my high school colors... green and gold!    It makes me feel 17 again.

Green and Gold the color of the dream I had.... Not so long ago.  Misty Blue and Lilac too....

On 1/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, MartyGrass said:

Here's the guitar in action with Vince Lewis.

Green JHS Vince Lewis.jpg

Who on the far left with the smelly white socks on?

On 1/23/2021 at 11:19 AM, TalismanRich said:

You'd best be careful, lest the all powerful ADMIN fellow puts you on the naughty list!

Wizard-of-Oz.jpg

Been there too many times to talk about

It arrived safely.  My wife, who is an artist, was surprised to open the case and see green.  She normally doesn't examine guitars but she did this one.

Her first words were, "I don't not like the green."  She looked it over for a while, approved of it, and said everyone should have at least one green guitar.

My teen son thought it was the best color.

It needs some cleaning but otherwise is very well built with a great neck and action.

20210127_211231.jpg

Archived