Heritage Owners Club

NGD 1986 H140

Fozzy2616

have owned a 90's H150 for years, and made the Pilgrimage to 225 Parsons, just pulled the wallet trigger on REVERB for this 1986 H140 ($1400) a little play wear, but hey people pay Murphy $1K's for this kind a relic job, lol Probably going to swap the pickups out, I have a few sets at home, some old Florence VooDoo 59's or my WCR American Steele set. looks like a sleeper keeper, any other 1986 H140 Owners here, comments, thoughts?  

exjsyw6qkrpmk0ywftrh.jpg

gc0f5pudwcdwoyldmgjz.jpg

gfelvijnxv84d7teo9zg.jpg

iyvis6iugie4jina9lzv.jpg

jravlgpqlnbmncjx2u2i.jpg

kqwqkxoreax9c5kqe7rf.jpg

mn23uuhocomfkdkewmjg.jpg

n4onmhsl9dnl4mqh15i6.jpg

rzxxrycgji96oi45remo.jpg

un4dfahdtxjkwdcgzjwz.jpg

un4dfahdtxjkwdcgzjwzw2.jpg

vsidculaeomehllvhqul.jpg

y7b8fik8djeb1wxgvvxt.jpg

ynnrqnxhnpelqvovcwzi.jpg

zrfzmrxj45xbrmm2nivx.jpg

7 hours ago, Fozzy2616 said:

........ any other 1986 H140 Owners here, comments, thoughts?  

Naaa... my H140 is much newer,  a D serial #!  :D 

I changed out the pickups for SD Alnico Pro IIs.   Other than that, its completely stock.   Sounds great, plays great,  solid as a rock.

(I've got the original case.   I took this pic for someone looking for a possible case to fit their H140 some time back.   The case is for my Guild S100)

Gator SG case.jpg

Nice Snatch!  I wish I had one that old; mine's a B.  Yours looks to be 100% stock.  Enjoy!

I also own one of these "Vintage" 140s. Yours looks nicely worn, which is what I prefer. Mint condition makes me paranoid about gigging with them. There are a few people that don't mind the stock Schallers, but I am not one of them. I put some of the Dimarzio Anniversary PAFs in and it now kicks ass. I also really appreciate you putting what you paid for it. Don't know why but people tend to hide the price on here. I find it helpful to know what others are actually paying....not what is being charged.

rick

With exception to the poker chip, seems to be all stock.

Probably the most common finish of the early H140's.

Personally, I think the Cherry Sunburst hides too much of the figured top. I did a top refinish to see the glory of the flame maple.  But that is just my preference.  Many love their CSB H140's as is.

Only common issue with the H140 is the barrel input jack. I had an early H140 and I could not find a replacement for it. Not sure if others know where to find them but I think they are rather sturdy compared to normal input jacks.

Other than pickups, the most common mod is the tailpiece and bridge replacement.  Many choose to swap them even though there is nothing wrong with the old Schaller setup.

• 3 weeks later...

So i was swapping the pickups out in my 1986 H140, the original Schallers just were cutting it for me, i was stumped to see that the tone caps, and the wiring looked original , between the Vol and Tone was 2 x .01m caps tied together for each pickup? anybody ever see this before and whats the purpose behind using 2  x .01m caps tied together?

IMG_20210215_130619104.thumb.jpg.4bf12e3b1fe588a96d2d15f520dc0cde.jpg

Archived