Heritage Owners Club

Got 'burst? Show 'em...

fxdx99

Playing around the house w/o plugging in while working on chord voicings.  These sound great unplugged, especially the hollow 525 w/the 'reverb adding' tailpiece.  535 I believe is 'sunset burst'.  Can't recall the 525 burst flavor... natural burst?  But anyway, 'bursts have the best tone...  :)

1209005111_ScreenShot2021-02-12at1_24_35PM.png.b5e45a91e78f961eb67d63b694ea995a.png

579692902_ScreenShot2021-02-12at1_27_06PM.png.8cfb121bb910b8c326cccdb1128c2005.png

381397606_ScreenShot2021-02-12at1_26_05PM.png.fe16e903bba9b7d1968abd83264867b3.png

2 hours ago, bobmeyrick said:

My three bursts, from L to R: VSB (Vintage), ALSB (Almond), ASB (Antique).

Vintage burst - yes, think that's what my 525 is.  I really like how Heritage bursts look - great examples!

8 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

All of these beautiful bursts!!  Great thread.

@Yooper...I thought ASB was Almond Sun Burst.

ALSB is Almond Sun Burst. Antique Sun Burst must have been designated before Almond. I still don't get how they came up with that nutty description. I see it more as a faded cherry. The run quite a spectrum of colors. I have a translucent "Amber" 535 that looks very wine red. Who am I to disagree with what's on the sticker?

1 hour ago, Yooper said:

ALSB is Almond Sun Burst. Antique Sun Burst must have been designated before Almond. I still don't get how they came up with that nutty description. I see it more as a faded cherry. The run quite a spectrum of colors. I have a translucent "Amber" 535 that looks very wine red. Who am I to disagree with what's on the sticker?

Faded Cherry is what's in my avatar.   There's no "burst" to it!

This would be a Marv Burst because he did this as a custom burst for this guitar. Marv also rolled the neck for this one, I know because he called me to come up to Kalamazoo to try the neck in the raw. I'm not sure he knew it would be a 400 mile round trip for me. I had a Fab time.

TNcDr0K.jpg

XYIPRCo.jpg

6 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Yeah, and to my eyes, if that Faded Cherry had a burst it looks like it would be ALSB. 

On 2/14/2021 at 11:06 AM, TalismanRich said:

Yours is so faded it looks like you left it out in the Florida sun for a few days..........

Archived