Heritage Owners Club

Big news for the redevelopment of the 225 Parsons site..

chico

Last time I was there a few weeks ago there was construction activity going on.

This is Great News that they are moving forward.  

Kalamazoo in the last 5-10 years has been really moving forward.

2 hours ago, Steiner said:

I wonder if we can repel down the smokestack...

At our ages ................ I don't think so.

1 hour ago, skydog52 said:

At our ages ................ I don't think so.

:)

This reminds me of the South Park episode when they developed the area around Kenny's house. Just sayin. Yes there will be a slide coming down from the smokestack

that takes you down to the gift shop.

They’ll need to have a walled compound there to keep folks safe. It’s a six block trip to downtown. Guests will need to eat/drink onsite or take a cab/shuttle to civilization. The trains should be fun. I respect and revere the site, but a hotel? Epic fail in the making. 

I guess that depends on the timetable and how the neighborhood will change around the hotel. As I understand it, Plaza Corp owns a lot of property in KZoo. It's possible that they are buying more for more development as a channel into the city.

Seriously Reverb and Hard Rock? This doesn't look good. Where is the mention of Heritage at 225? 

So 225 will have a giant sign that says REVERB and you can get a coffee

and go to the Gibbons "signing" room. Hilarious and cheesy.

It has been a while since I watched this video from 2016  .. The Passing of the Torch.   (Sorry it's not a better quality vid ) 

It was a happy day , as a lot had  expected Heritage to disappear when the original founders left.  

And as we've seen, Heritage is still there with input from the OG's.  

Some thought this was a Bandlab thing when it has been the goal of Plaza Corp for the past six years.

The Hotel name will be Reverb, but it has nothing to do with online shop, its just a name Hard Rock is using.

And yes, there probably will be a lot of Gibbons plastered everywhere, it was their home for seven decades.

But the foot traffic will bring a lot of musicians to Heritage and boost sales and brand awareness.

I'm sure the restaurant and hotel itself will pay a lot homage towards Heritage.  We cannot forget this is a Plaza Corp deal who still has a big stake in Heritage, there is no way they wouldn't promote the brand.

We all know the building is huge and plenty of space to be rebuilt and repurposed.  It doesn't look like its going to be a 10 story hotel, but rather a smaller spot with a lot of history.

I'd imagine the design cue will be a lot like Comerica Park where as they integrated a lot of the Hudson Warehouse (very historic building) into the park itself.  I'd wager they'll do the same at Parsons Street.  The new parts of the building may be torn down or build up.  But the actual 225 building, I think will be left alone on the outside since its so historic.

The largest hotel in downtown Kalamazoo isn't that far away from Parsons Street.  It's stable occupancy is fair but not close to full.

The Reverb Hotel and associated structures will have to bring in a large number of tourists for this to work.  These guys should know what they are doing as they pour the millions into this project.  I hope it succeeds.

Kalamazoo has an outdoor concert are downtown and an even larger one at Western Michigan University's stadium and baseball fields.  There are also two pretty large indoor concert halls, the State Theater and Miller Auditorium.  I hope they bring in artists for hotel-tour-concert-dinner packages.

We'll need a bigger airport!

12 hours ago, skydog52 said:

That was a nice article, but while they showed Keith, Ronnie,  Paul, and Les visiting, they totally missed when Rob, Lyle, John, Randy, Josh,  and a host of other luminaries visited.   :laughing7:

Archived