Heritage Owners Club

Rivera brings back the Modded Deluxe Reverb - The Stage IV

Apparently, this is a tribute to the modded amplifiers that put Paul Rivera Sr. on the map.  Part Fender. Part Marshall. All awesome. Apparently the big one to get was the "Stage II" modded amplifier, used by a lot of studio musicians in the 70s and 80s. Sweetwater actually had an exclusive run of "Stage II" modded Deluxe Reverbs a few years back.  But people wanted more, so they now have the Stage IV.

I love the little touches like the stick on labels used on the footswitch and tremolo to make it really look modded. I can't tell if those are going to be on all of the amps though.

https://www.rivera.com/product/combos/stage-iv/

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, bolero said:

Just watched that Rivera Jr & Sr interview, was really intetesting! Looks like a killer amp

It really is. I know some people will say 'well it doesn't have enough gain' but it's not about being a high gain monster. It's about making a great studio / live amp that makes some great tones. I'm still trying to really feel how the "FAT" switch works. It's supposed to thicken the tone without adding bass. It seems to, and boosts the gain a bit.

Rivera amps are great, and people don't seem to give them their due. The pros definitely do however. So many hair metal bands used their TBR rack amps.

17 hours ago, barrymclark said:

Stop that! I have already spent plenty the past 6 months. :(

I know.... I already spent a bunch, but I had to have it. I had always wanted a Deluxe Reverb, but a modded one. This is just about everything I would have wanted. Full TMB tone stacks, Tremolo and Reverb on BOTH channels. and voicing switches.

Archived