Heritage Owners Club

HFT-450 value

dannyo

Can anyone put a ballpark market value on a 1989 HFT-450?

I can't find any sales records anywhere, and I'm curious where a sales price might be these days. 

Thanks for any information you can provide. 

20181007_155733.jpg

Thanks, Skydog.

Anyone else have any experience? 

I see the HFT-445s from time to time, but only rarely the HFT-450. 

You're right , the H-450 is more rare and more desirable due to the fact that it is all solid wood where the H-445 is laminated rim and back. (the body on those were actually made in Canada and shipped to Parsons St. ) 

I think the H-445 sells for close to the $800 mark , so the H-450 would certainly be higher than that.  (depending on condition) , but these are so rare there isn't much to base a price on. If I was selling it, I'd likely start at higher than the $1,200 .. I've seen people list a H-445 for over a thousand.   A solid wood acoustic, hand crafted at Parsons St. is certainly desirable. But it is down to finding the buyer that realizes what this acoustic represents.  I'd love to play that one..  a piece of Kalamazoo craftsmanship. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, FredZepp. That's helpful. 

Anyone else? Probably not. This is basically what I keep running into...just not much out there about these 450s.

Heritage never had a reputation for flattops.  As I recall Larrivee built the bodies and Heritage did the rest.  But that was a long time ago.

I've never heard a negative thing about Heritage's flattops.  My impression is that the best hope for success at Heritage was to focus on electrics and archtops.

Heritage made basses and mandolins, too.  They gave them up for the same reason most likely. 

Hey, Marty. Thanks for responding. 

I've heard the same thing about Larrivee as far as the 445s. I've heard that the 450s were completely made at 225 Parsons, though. I've even heard that the 450s might be leftover Gibbons bodies. It definitely has a Gibbons vibe, and there are so few of them, it might be true. 

I've played a few 445s, and this is better than those that I've played. 

I've pretty much decided against selling it, but since it is so hard to find anything out, now I'm curious. 

Screenshot_20210402-091305_Chrome.jpg

Archived