Heritage Owners Club

Uncle Ted's (Nugent) Guns, Guitars, & Cars Collection Auction

Steiner

I used to like Ted but later found out he was a draft dodger.  When his career was in the tanks he became America's patriotic hero.  I never suspected he had any shame.  I still doubt he does.  That said, boy did he put on a show at the local military base one time.  The base newspaper had a bunch of letters from the higher officer's wives about how he would never play there again.  They asked for Ted Pungent and they got him.  I wouldn't want anything he has touched. 

6 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

I used to like Ted but later found out he was a draft dodger.  When his career was in the tanks he became America's patriotic hero.  I never suspected he had any shame.  I still doubt he does.  That said, boy did he put on a show at the local military base one time.  The base newspaper had a bunch of letters from the higher officer's wives about how he would never play there again.  They asked for Ted Pungent and they got him.  I wouldn't want anything he has touched. 

LOL, Bravo!

This particular H-140 is a really cool guitar though, I think it'd look really sharp without that branded neck pick up and the autograph. How could one go about removing that stuff with out damaging it's surfaces?  

Despite my worries that Mr. Nugent will likely turn around and donate some of the proceeds of this auction to the leader of the blow hard draft dodgers club, I'm seriously considering taking a run at buying this H-140, it's just too darn cool, and rarer than hens teeth as my research seems to indicate.

Some of the comments in this posting seem to be coming very close to slagging someone off politically which would seem to be 

against the required spirit of this forum ( I have no side to take),Hopefully people could be a little careful over what is said here.

12 minutes ago, houndhome said:

Some of the comments in this posting seem to be coming very close to slagging someone off politically which would seem to be 

against the required spirit of this forum ( I have no side to take),Hopefully people could be a little careful over what is said here.

Ah yes.....the required spirit of the HOC.  Now I remember why this place has lost so many folks over the years. 

I would not want anything he has touched either. Not because of his politics but because he is an idiot.  I have read about some of his antics from other musicians who have worked with him and I have never heard anything good  about him. Talented, but an idiot.

I have to admit that I loved watching Mike Huckabee play Cat Scratch Fever with him on some talk show. Neither of them seemed to get the irony. If only Sara had sung a little back up on it.

"I mike the pussy purr with a stoke of my hand...."

I meant "make"....

4 hours ago, Doug said:

I think you meant mic.

Please do not use that term especially on Saint Patrick's day. Respect the Irish they helped build America.

?(this was not a serious post)

12 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

Please do not use that term especially on Saint Patrick's day. Respect the Irish they helped build America.

?(this was not a serious post)

I thought he was talking about, "Mick Jaggler." 

On 3/16/2021 at 5:01 AM, High Flying Bird said:

Un Contrare, my friend.  LOL - if you watch his YouTube Spirit Campfire series he's doing with interviews of the greats in Rock (Billy Gibbons, Jimmy McCarty, Mitch Ryder, Michale Lutz, Dave Amato, Jack Blades, Tommy Shaw, Jimmy Vaughn, etc, etc, etc,he talks about this very topic.  Also he goes in great detail with his CNN interview with Piers Morgan on YouTube.  He said it's not true and it came from a Rolling Stone interview where he was screwing with the interviewer who was high and actually believed him - and the hysterical thing was Rolling Stone actually printed it. LOL

Ted Nugent states he had given a college deferment as he was going to Oakland Community College. 

However, the military got rid of student deferments in 1971, and he would have been 1-A after that. I have no problem with him if he was a draft dodger as I see that as something that actually took a lot of guts, I have a problem with him being an obnoxious idiot.

That may be, but I distinctly recall Congress voting in Jan 1971 to start withdrawing troops out of Vietnam and everyone was to be out by December 1971.  But I'm old and I might be mistaken on the year.... but I am pretty sure it was '71.

Obnoxious idiot or not, he has a huge heart, and done more over the decades for children's charities (remember Ronald McDonald House? Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, his own Kamp for Kids, etc) supplying/serving in many soup kitchens to feed the less fortunate, helping our veterans & helping wounded warriors, worked countless hours with MI's DNR with Conservation projects, plus he served about 40 years as a Jackson Co MI Deputy.... and I for one salute him for using his celebritism and using it to help other human beings and making Mother Earth better than he found it.  We ALL should aspire to that level of kindness & generosity.  But back to my search for a guitar.... 

1 hour ago, damnyankee20 said:

That may be, but I distinctly recall Congress voting in Jan 1971 to start withdrawing troops out of Vietnam and everyone was to be out by December 1971.  But I'm old and I might be mistaken on the year.... but I am pretty sure it was '71.

Obnoxious idiot or not, he has a huge heart, and done more over the decades for children's charities (remember Ronald McDonald House? Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, his own Kamp for Kids, etc) supplying/serving in many soup kitchens to feed the less fortunate, helping our veterans & helping wounded warriors, worked countless hours with MI's DNR with Conservation projects, plus he served about 40 years as a Jackson Co MI Deputy.... and I for one salute him for using his celebritism and using it to help other human beings and making Mother Earth better than he found it.  We ALL should aspire to that level of kindness & generosity.  But back to my search for a guitar.... 

1971 I was a Senior in university. Late spring of 71 they eliminated the student deferment and imposed the lottery if your number was called (up to 133) you went, I was two weeks from graduating which did not matter. Many universities when on strike as did mine.

Archived