Heritage Owners Club

Confusing label...

justinmc

I'm considering buying a 2007 H-150 LW, but the label information is a bit iffy. It's a gold top, but the label seems to say that it was black... perhaps I'm misinterpreting it. The serial number on the label matches that of the guitar, and the guitar is only 8 lbs so it's definitely an LW / lightweight. What say you, Heritage sages?

Many thanks!

heritage.H-150LW.Goldtop.OddLabel.jpg

I received a H-530 once and the label was marked H-535 so it has happened before. Heritage sent me the right label. 

If the label matches the serial number then I would say the top of the guitar has been refinished.  Back in that era Jay Wolfe sold many H-150's in a finish he called Black & Tan and that would seem to be the finish here.  Jay added his business label to the Heritage label and I don't think he would have missed that error.

Well, this mystery has been solved, and the answer was right back here! It was indeed refinished.

I asked Wolfe, and they were unable to find it in their records, but they did interpret the label as:

2007 H150
"LW" means weight relieved body
"CM" = Curly Maple arched top
"Black w/ Natural back/rims"
 Pretty rare one.

I searched around to see what those black and tans look like, and that brought me to the refin convo above :)

Thanks!

Archived