Heritage Owners Club

Wood Pickguards...

DetroitBlues

1 hour ago, motoputz said:

well darn it, I was lied to by the p.o. then! I was told it was a deluxe? oh well, since I don't know jack that's what I get. I didn't pay a bunch for it so it makes no difference to me if it's a deluxe or not. It plays great, looks cool and feels awesome, but, heavy as all get out, 9lbs+ on my scale. it has no belly cut either

thanks for the info southerncanuck

Give us some pics!  We’ll be the judge for you!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, motoputz said:

Interestingly my H150 has a J and 5 digits only. The label on the control cavity cover has written "H150 CM VSB" no extra numbers? The switch cover has no label.

The guitar has a maple pick guard with a bound maple veneer head stock?

a bound maple headstock veneer is a stand option with previous generations, Deluxe's also had multi ply front body binding, Cream/Black... Choice woods, Duncan 59s...

2 hours ago, motoputz said:

well darn it, I was lied to by the p.o. then! I was told it was a deluxe? oh well, since I don't know jack that's what I get. I didn't pay a bunch for it so it makes no difference to me if it's a deluxe or not. It plays great, looks cool and feels awesome, but, heavy as all get out, 9lbs+ on my scale. it has no belly cut either

thanks for the info southerncanuck

Being a boutique builder the Golden Era Heritages are often miss ID'd. Even most dealers sucked at knowing models and options which further exasperated the problem!

when I bought the guitar I knew nothing about heritage guitars(and still don't know!) I bought it because I couldn't afford a Gibbons les paul so any adjective slung in front really meant nothing to me. I wanted a les paul and got one of his cousins instead

one of the pickups has a little sticker that says "patent applied for" the other pickup does not have this?

I'll get a picture and post it

Archived