Heritage Owners Club

H-357 or Marvbirds POST AWAY!!

Heritage1970

The reverse design is more eye catching to me than the standard.  But the standard has a strap button on the horn like a strat.  My Firebird was a reverse.

This is what mine looked like.  You can see it was functional but not elegant.

apxqz2rgcbuljizhinhb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Marv told me they were hard to make.  He said if the neck broke the guitar was ruined.  He warned me about the fragility of the design but I chose to go ahead and get one.  I asked that the neck be as thin as structurally possible.  It was a collectors type guitar.  Mine had an ebony fret board.  It was a great guitar but for an older man, carrying it in the huge case was killer.  I am the guy with the nice socks.  The hippie is my man Eljay. 

img_3929_std.jpg

img_2627_std.jpg

img_2628_std.jpg

img_4876_std.jpg

Great info and pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. These are great! Been loving all of these everyone's posting! So- you parted with your Marvbird I take it? I hear ya on the weight with the case. It's pretty crazy! Beautiful guitars though!

9 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Marv told me they were hard to make.  He said if the neck broke the guitar was ruined.  He warned me about the fragility of the design but I chose to go ahead and get one.  I asked that the neck be as thin as structurally possible.  It was a collectors type guitar.  Mine had an ebony fret board.  It was a great guitar but for an older man, carrying it in the huge case was killer.  I am the guy with the nice socks.  The hippie is my man Eljay. 

img_3929_std.jpg

img_2627_std.jpg

img_2628_std.jpg

img_4876_std.jpg

Great info and pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. These are great! Been loving all of these everyone's posting! So- you parted with your Marvbird I take it? I hear ya on the weight with the case. It's pretty crazy! Beautiful guitars though!

15 hours ago, Heritage1970 said:

That is beautiful!! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

It has some magic about it: absolutely fantastic guitar. Light, balanced, resonant, killer sound. As Rockabilly said, it screams rock and roll

I don't normally nickname my guitars, but this one has earned the title "Excaliber"

8 hours ago, bolero said:

Thanks!

It has some magic about it: absolutely fantastic guitar. Light, balanced, resonant, killer sound. As Rockabilly said, it screams rock and roll

I don't normally nickname my guitars, but this one has earned the title "Excaliber"

Great! Yeah I hear that word: "magic" used by many with these guitars. These are definitely a huge prize from Marv!

2 hours ago, Gitterman said:

Those are some gorgeous 357’s. Man I want one. Silly question. Can anyone tell me why the four knobs are not symmetrical? ie: why is the fourth knob lower than the rest?

My guess would be it's staggered like that because when you're standing up with the guitar on with a strap it's easier to see the controls and to get to them. That's my guess, but I could be way off base!

3 hours ago, Gitterman said:

Those are some gorgeous 357’s. Man I want one. Silly question. Can anyone tell me why the four knobs are not symmetrical? ie: why is the fourth knob lower than the rest?

Never noticed. Now that you mentioned it, same on the Gibbson MartyGrass posted.

1 hour ago, Heritage1970 said:

My guess would be it's staggered like that because when you're standing up with the guitar on with a strap it's easier to see the controls and to get to them. That's my guess, but I could be way off base!

Interesting observation though, cause like you said, the 4th one does seem more out of place than the others. Just one more thing I want to know about these beautiful instruments!

On 4/3/2021 at 9:30 AM, Millennium Maestro said:

Why am I always the shortest Guy in HOC pictures?

We where on a hill. No worries Guy! :laughing4:

2 hours ago, skydog52 said:

We where on a hill. No worries Guy! :laughing4:

I told him to stay out of the quicksand...

On 4/3/2021 at 11:30 AM, Millennium Maestro said:

Why am I always the shortest Guy in HOC pictures?

Don't worry Guy.  You may not be as tall but you are just as big around as those other dudes. 

Archived