Heritage Owners Club

Parsons Street?

Connor

Sorry for being uninformed.  I saw that the building on Parsons Street was sold to a developer.  Is Heritage going to continue to build guitars there?  If not, what is the plan?

Yes. The developer is a partial owner of Heritage. Heritage is not moving. The rest of the property is being revitalized. The original 225 Parsons building is in the process of being rehabbed.

38 minutes ago, Connor said:

Sorry for being uninformed.  I saw that the building on Parsons Street was sold to a developer.  Is Heritage going to continue to build guitars there?  If not, what is the plan?

Hi Connor,

Until recently, I too had no idea about all of the major changes that have been going on at Heritage over the last 5 or 6 years.

Here's more or less what I've gathered.

In 2015, The founding owners of Heritage Guitar sold the company to the real estate developer who actually owned the entire 225 Parsons St complex, that company then turn around and sold half of Heritage to a multi-faceted organization based out of Singapore that also owns a bunch of other musicly based companies including Rolling Stone magazine, Bandlab programs and many more.

Since then there's been a lot of good and bad that's happend.

The good news is that the overall quality of Heritage guitars has never been better. The company now has a massive budget which has led to improvements in production and distribution capabilities. Apparently, the new owners have since completely rebuilt the entire production facility to accommodate the need for higher quality standards.   

The bad news is that nearly everything that used to make Heritage guitars such a special and truly unique company is simply gone. I didn't realize the extent of the changes over there until I talked to one of the older long term Heritage employees that still works there today. While he had many nice things to say about the "new" owners and the overall direction of the company, he basically summed things up by saying it is what it is and that he's just happy to have a job.

During that same conversation he mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Gibbons were to eventually swoop in and buy Heritage as the whole thing over the last few years has felt like a corporate game of Monopoly to him. I thought that was interesting.

Either way, like most, I'm wishing everyone currently invested in this endeavor all the best.  

Thanks guys,  I’m up to speed now.  I’m glad I have a couple of Heritage guitars already!
image.thumb.jpeg.293eae26c0d3b11bc40a4cc747efc6ab.jpeg

Archived