Heritage Owners Club

Controls layout for h140 question

madbanjoman

With standard wiring it would be the red circle... but it appears that this was originally wired with a VIP  (Variable Inverted Phase) system which is more complex. 

This chart is how a right handed VIP works. image.png.ea85b866a93d8ba00ca52f8daed21727.png

ACtC-3eUc3Xk7Aznlygbkvdk382hBq_hii7WhM9t

Thanks! I no longer have mine wired in the VIP system. The toggles only split the coils now.  

From a righty perspective, I have the lower left as the neck volume and the lower right as the neck tone. The upper left is the bridge volume and upper right the bridge tone.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a single cut with the pickup selector switch located there.  

I think that was a custom order as the pickup selector location is where a H170/137DC go.

Or is it too early this morning and I need more coffee.

Who knows....

36 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I've never seen a single cut with the pickup selector switch located there.  

I think that was a custom order as the pickup selector location is where a H170/137DC go.

Or is it too early this morning and I need more coffee.

Who knows....

I bought it new online, but I have often wondered why the H140's that are older aren't laid out like mine or the newer ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:48 AM, madbanjoman said:

Thanks! I no longer have mine wired in the VIP system. The toggles only split the coils now.  

From a righty perspective, I have the lower left as the neck volume and the lower right as the neck tone. The upper left is the bridge volume and upper right the bridge tone.

That is how I modded mine.

GT.jpg

Archived