Heritage Owners Club

String spacing / pick up position

BOTR

Recently, I bought a '98 H-150 which plays great. However, I wonder whether the string position above the bridge pick up is something to worry about (see pic).

Generally speaking, as long as I am satisfied with the sound, there would be no need to change anything but how should I know whether there is a substantial tone suck due to the off position or not.

So, to you expert : What is your opinion / experience about such a string position ? Is it expected to have noticeable influence or rather not?

Thanks in advance for all contributions,

Volker

IMG_20210407_175726.jpg

That one has the Schaller bridge, which is adjustable.   The spacing on that one seems to be too wide.   Standard humbucker spacing from outside pole to inside pole should be about 48-50mm.   Set string spacing to 8mm, and your pole pieces should line up.

26 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

That one has the Schaller bridge, which is adjustable.   The spacing on that one seems to be too wide.   Standard humbucker spacing from outside pole to inside pole should be about 48-50mm.   Set string spacing to 8mm, and your pole pieces should line up.

This exactly what I would do too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived