Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Heritage Ghost Built Gretsches

MartyGrass

5 hours ago, yoslate said:

There's a quote I never thought I'd see...!  And Marty, they are just stunning works of art!

I don't know Rob, that would be some serious craftsmanship looking square down the barrel at me. I can just imagine me sitting there in front of a microphone just begging to find something good enough to be worthy of one of these. You know me, one foot in The Faces camp, one foot in the Stones camp. I would have to break out of that to deliver the goods on of these beauts. 

I've gigged in some bars I wouldn't bring one of these into.  Some of them I wasn't sure I should bring myself into.

JP Moats did the wood sourcing, as I recall.  He had good connections that preceded the birth of Heritage.

Each year I have more respect for the original Heritage owners.  What they did took guts and stamina.  The majority of the guitar world had no interest in their success.  I'm sure a lot of corporate types either paid them little attention or just thought they'd fold.

Heritage was often up to some twist.  The D'Angelico and Gretsch ghost builds, the flattops, the basses, Little One, and the mandolins come to mind.  They had a good run.  Nothing better can be said in life.  They should be proud for doing what few would dare try.  

13 minutes ago, MartyGrass said:

I've gigged in some bars I wouldn't bring one of these into.  Some of them I wasn't sure I should bring myself into.

JP Moats did the wood sourcing, as I recall.  He had good connections that preceded the birth of Heritage.

Each year I have more respect for the original Heritage owners.  What they did took guts and stamina.  The majority of the guitar world had no interest in their success.  I'm sure a lot of corporate types either paid them little attention or just thought they'd fold.

Heritage was often up to some twist.  The D'Angelico and Gretsch ghost builds, the flattops, the basses, Little One, and the mandolins come to mind.  They had a good run.  Nothing better can be said in life.  They should be proud for doing what few would dare try.  

Well said, sir.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:26 PM, MartyGrass said:

Today I have two of the three Heritage built Gretsch Eldorado guitars done.  They cleaned up well.  The play nicely and sound good, too.  But I'll show you how these two look after Pete Moreno buffed them out.  The wood figuring is excellent, as we'd expect from the boys.

Here's the 1992:

51177505321_55122a6408_c.jpg

51177505281_09821157fe_c.jpg

51177505246_07e0051106_c.jpg

51178596325_81d02cb18c_c.jpg

51177505186_ac068b5fde_c.jpg

51177723878_4884113df8_c.jpg

51178596150_c3d1a7e5d6_c.jpg

?For sale?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived