Heritage Owners Club

BlueChipPicks and Heritage archtop guitar

busujiujitsu

Beautiful tone and playing!  What amp are you playing that Beauty through? Are you using flat wounds on this guitar?

Good to see you posting my man, and that sounded great. My only complaint was that I wish the video would have went on longer! Looks like you're coming back from the cerebral infarction, and that's fantastic! Do you feel like you're back 100%? Also I use those Thomastik .012 Flats on my 6120 Grestch and their feel is sublime. Of all the flatwound sets I've tried they have the best tension and smoothest feel.

I recently started playing more electric guitar, and I'm using the funniest pick, it looks like swiss cheese, but I love the way it makes high tones pop off of the string...

This is what it looks like (although mine is yellow)...

Swisspick.jpg

This is what it sounds like...

On 4/17/2021 at 2:39 PM, rockabilly69 said:

Good to see you posting my man, and that sounded great. My only complaint was that I wish the video would have went on longer! Looks like you're coming back from the cerebral infarction, and that's fantastic! Do you feel like you're back 100%? Also I use those Thomastik .012 Flats on my 6120 Grestch and their feel is sublime. Of all the flatwound sets I've tried they have the best tension and smoothest feel.

I recently started playing more electric guitar, and I'm using the funniest pick, it looks like swiss cheese, but I love the way it makes high tones pop off of the string...

This is what it looks like (although mine is yellow)...

Swisspick.jpg

This is what it sounds like...

Your sound is great as usual.

Your tone dragged me to buy teletype solid guitar!

Now I'm telecaster player too! 

I'm worry about nobody has interest to hear long playing so I always cut my movie.

I never heard about swiss picks.Thank you for your information!

18 hours ago, bolero said:

nice clip busujiujitsu!!

never heard of those picks. I have resorted to melting divots in my picks with an old soldering iron tip, so they don't slip out of my fingers so easily

Rockabilly those swiss cheese picks look like they solve the issue!

Thank you for watch my video!

Yes, pick slipping is very big problem for me too.

So I shaved former v-picks like this.

p6qECsm.jpg

I think John mclaughlin does same too.

aIUSn5u.png

BlueChipPicks does not slip. Its surface is very stick fast to finger skin.

It's really helpfull for me. 

5 hours ago, busujiujitsu said:

Your sound is great as usual.

Your tone dragged me to buy teletype solid guitar!

Now I'm telecaster player too! 

I'm worry about nobody has interest to hear long playing so I always cut my movie.

I never heard about swiss picks.Thank you for your information!

Well I would like to see the longer movies! And you never answered me, how is it coming with your rehabilitation from the cerebral infarction?

I looked at those blue chip picks. Did I misread it or are they really $35 each? I can pretty much guarantee you that I will never pay $35 for a guitar pick.

Wow! I really sound like an old curmudgeon. Holy shit! I am one!

I just bought a couple of those Heritage Guitar tins with picks and they are reasonably priced although I really wish they had the little teardrop shaped jazz picks.

5 hours ago, rwinking said:

I looked at those blue chip picks. Did I misread it or are they really $35 each? I can pretty much guarantee you that I will never pay $35 for a guitar pick.

Wow! I really sound like an old curmudgeon. Holy shit! I am one!

I just bought a couple of those Heritage Guitar tins with picks and they are reasonably priced although I really wish they had the little teardrop shaped jazz picks.

Hi rwinking. Thank you for watching my video!

Yes, 35usd is super expensive for me and I live in Japan so include shipping fee it costs 60 usd,

If bluechippicks shave fast as other ordinary picks, I ll bankrupt.

But this pick keeps smoothy of surface for long term.

I start using this pick from half year ago but still smooth.

28 minutes ago, busujiujitsu said:

Great!

'Twas a gift from a good friend.  I like the difference in sound.  I've been treating it with kid's gloves so it doesn't wear out.  It's good to know they are durable.  Thank you busujiujitsu!

47 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

A jazz player buddy of mine from France sent me a few Dugain Ergonomic Plectrums.  They're great for achieving a mellow jazz tone, and so comfortable...and not overly expensive for what they are.

https://www.dugainplectrums.com/index.html

Plectrums ergonomic

Your backdrop is too light to be leopard-wood.  Is that 1/4 sawn oak???  I Love the grain!

1 hour ago, Gitfiddler said:

A jazz player buddy of mine from France sent me a few Dugain Ergonomic Plectrums.  They're great for achieving a mellow jazz tone, and so comfortable...and not overly expensive for what they are.

https://www.dugainplectrums.com/index.html

Plectrums ergonomic

Dugain has great sound but little bit be shaved earlier than bluechip I think.

I really dont like rough feeling of pick surface while playing.

Archived