Heritage Owners Club

Can Someone who has a H-530 kindly provide me measurements...

Biblebound

Yesterday I purchased a new H-530 Antiqued Natural that will arrive next week. I want a pickguard on the guitar but don't want to assume the standard Gibbons ES-330 (long neck) pickguard will fit, so I need a few measurements to order a custom pickguard. Could some kind H-530 owner take a few moments and provide me with a few simple measurements? First, (1) the width of both P-90's tight and exact (not the dog-bone tabs, but just the rectangular upper section), and (2) the length of the gap between the two P-90's (again from the edge of the bottom of the top pickup's upper rectangular section to the top of the lower pickup's upper rectangular section). 

I've attached a pdf file to pin-point the measurements I need...

Many thanks...

Gibbons 330 LN P90's PG.pdf

"IMHO I would wait to get your guitar and measure it. They can vary. Good luck and Congratulations!"

Due to scale length and standard machinery, patterns, jigs, etc. within Guitar companies, the dimensions for pickguards within trusted companies like Heritage will be highly consistent. That's why replacement pickguards for almost any model of Fender, Gibbons, PRS, etc. can be purchased from vendors everywhere. 

If someone has a H-530 and takes the measurements I ask, I will trust my guitar will be the same.

Please, if anyone has a H-530, take a few moments and provide me with the information if you will.

As others have stated, wait until you receive your H-530.  That way you will be able to measure where a guard will fit on your guitar.  I never knew why Heritage didn't offer pickguards on that model.  They did make them IF special ordered either by a customer or dealer.

In the meantime, I'd suggest contacting Jay Wolfe of Wolfe's Guitars and ask for his help.  He had custom pick guards on many of his Heritage guitars.

Here are a few of images of 'guarded' H-530's that might help give you an idea of how it looks and where they attach.  Good luck!

pfs7hpplasdfxeuwgyxk.jpg

ajtqmxleedmmslgnpvjg.jpg

Heritage H-530 Hollow-body Guitars – Chicago Music Exchange

If the factory doesn't install the pickguard, I'd wait until you get the guitar.  Heritage doesn't spit out H-530s like ES-330s are made, unless they changed recently.  You risk a sloppy fit otherwise.

I've shimmed some of the P-90s on H-530s, and that could change the pickguard dimensions slightly.

I have one on order from Pickguardian.  I sent my old one in to make an exact copy.  You can also trace an old one, but I'm a bit skeptical of that approach.

Here are my three H-530s.  Granted, two of them have humbuckers.  The one I'm replacing is the very plain one on the H-530 with P-90s.

50346189908_21a8d4dc83_c (1).jpg

50355857691_e4578a6a3e_c.jpg

50977293193_f1982fb700_c.jpg

Hey MartyGrass, as I mentioned in another thread, that bottom  custom is just absolutey stunning. Great story too. 

I understand everyone's concern, but I build guitars and I'm very familiar with both making pickguards and fitting them. If you would be so kind to simply confirm that the width of the P-90's (above the dogear, simply the rectangular upper section) is 1 5/8"-1 11/16" and the gap between the two P-90's is 2 1/2"-2 5/8". This is all I need.

Thanks...

24 minutes ago, MartyGrass said:

I hope this helps.  The guitar is a little dirty.

51136652078_fce266ff0e_c.jpg

51137546375_c6ef84cf8e_c.jpg

51136652058_d7681bd091_c.jpg

51136652043_20c2eb1ca9_c.jpg

Suggestion,

Could you trace your pickguards and mail to the OP after he PM's you his address?

I appreciate the measurements. No need to mail anything. It's only the pickup side length and pickup slot width that really matters. I know the other dimensions (lower bout and waist, lollar P-90, etc.) so all I need is what he provided above...

10 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

Suggestion,

Could you trace your pickguards and mail to the OP after he PM's you his address?

My pickguard is being used to guide the making of another one for it.  The new pickguard and TRC will be made of this material.  Then the H-530 with P-90s won't be outdone by the one with humbuckers.

Swatch_28OP.jpg

2 minutes ago, MartyGrass said:

My pickguard is being used to guide the making of another one for it.  The new pickguard and TRC will be made of this material.  Then the H-530 with P-90s won't be outdone by the one with humbuckers.

Swatch_28OP.jpg

And I thought I was OCD on the aesthetics on my 6 Heritages.  Photos when done please!

Hello, Biblebound.  I had a pickguard installed on my 530, but it sat up so high resting above the dogears (which I had raised with shims) that it interfered with my technique, so with disappointment I took it off.   I wish you good luck with your guitar.

image1.jpeg

Archived