Heritage Owners Club

NAD - Dr. Z CAZ45

A little bit late posting this but it's such a fun amp.  This is Doc's first real high gain amp.  It was designed with Alan Phillips, the founder of Carol Ann amps.  Doc and Alan shipped amps back and forth across the US tweaking it until they got exactly what they were looking for with the amp.  I ended up with one of the amps that traversed the country. As an aside, Doc used my Soldano as a high-gain reference point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMXTSmf6Wpk

Happy NADs JG!  Cool Amp by all means.  Where do I test and buy in metro Detroit?

4 hours ago, Steiner said:

IT'S RED!!!

:)

How does she sound next to the SLO?

I think it's the only red one made - since it was a prototype they just used a cab they had sitting around.  The CAZ compares very favorably to the SLO.  It has cleaner cleans and maybe not as much super high gain (but it definitely can do high gain!)

1 hour ago, Jaguarguy said:

I think it's the only red one made - since it was a prototype they just used a cab they had sitting around.  The CAZ compares very favorably to the SLO.  It has cleaner cleans and maybe not as much super high gain (but it definitely can do high gain!)

Adam does an awesome job illustrating the ability of the amp!  Stand alone amps like this don't come along often.  Boy are they fun!

Archived