Heritage Owners Club

Trini Lopez Heritage

y2kc

Over at Heritage Auctions they are auctioning off a Heritage made Trini Lopez Model. One of a kind and very cool. I think the auction

ends tomorrow so get over there asap and place your bid. Right now it is at about $2800 with buyers premium.

Seriously if I had the cash I would be all over it.lf.jpeg.758c7bbbcb6dececb8f566f9f6fefa9f.jpeg

Gibbons went for $22,500.

Heritage went for $6562.50

Just don't get it. Probably made by the same hands!

52 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

True, but was the Heritage model ever in Trini's hands? 

17 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

True, but was the Heritage model ever in Trini's hands? 

According to the Heritage Auction sight it was owned and played. There was a few Gibbons Trini Lopez models sold at a decent price but doesn't say they where played. Even had his golf clubs in the auction. Also had several acoustics that sold for a good high price. Looked like 400 items from the estate.

59 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

According to the Heritage Auction sight it was owned and played. There was a few Gibbons Trini Lopez models sold at a decent price but doesn't say they where played. Even had his golf clubs in the auction. Also had several acoustics that sold for a good high price. Looked like 400 items from the estate.

Ah, good to know.   :icon_thumright:

Might be this one. Gibbons. Looks like more than one version was made.

When I was a kid (1960's) the guy across the street had this model and I think he still has it. He played everything on it.

Just my opinion but the Heritage version is stunning and that picture with Marv is priceless.

I talked to Marv today and told him about the Trini Lopez auction.  He told me made two of those guitars and hand delivered one to him personally along with Bill Paige. He said he made arrangements to meet him at one of the shows in California. Marv was glad to hear it went for that price. 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, skydog52 said:

Brand power, nothing more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 5:51 AM, mark555 said:

Brand power, nothing more.

Not true Mark. Not taking away anything the Marv builds, but the electronics in an original Trini were later PAF patent number pickups which, depending on the condition, could sell alone for the price of the Heritage. And if it was an early model Gibbons it had a brazilian rosewood fingerboard, and the correct period ABR bridge (also worth a ton of money) and there are other differences. Besides the fact is, Heritage guitars have very bad resale value.

Archived