Heritage Owners Club

Trini Lopez Heritage

y2kc

11 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Have you played any of them? And what did you think?

Haven't, Daniel....  He doesn't live in town, and don't know him that well.  He's a friend of friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny: A friend of mine worked in a backing band on a cruise ship for a while. Apparently Trini Lopez had a brother who played music as well: he sat in with them once, and there was a big announcement from someone front of house, or holding a mic. The bass player turned to my friend and said " who the f*** is Trini Lopez?? " and it was picked up by another  stage mic + pumped thru the PA

?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 1:41 AM, rockabilly69 said:

Not true Mark. Not taking away anything the Marv builds, but the electronics in an original Trini were later PAF patent number pickups which, depending on the condition, could sell alone for the price of the Heritage. And if it was an early model Gibbons it had a brazilian rosewood fingerboard, and the correct period ABR bridge (also worth a ton of money) and there are other differences. Besides the fact is, Heritage guitars have very bad resale value.

I will bow to superior knowledge and experience in this case, I know you are well clued in on this stuff. I guess I am somewhat anti Gibbons as they are now and perhaps forget the good stuff they made. I particularly like your two L5S.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:17 PM, Gitfiddler said:

True, but was the Heritage model ever in Trini's hands? 

That should not matter!

8 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

That should not matter!

Will, it wouldn't matter to me.  If I could own one of TL's instruments made by G i b s o n or Heritage, I'd be honored.  I still remember as a youngster, lusting after a Trini Lopez model guitar during the 60's, reading G i b s o n catalogues  until they fell apart.

However, in the collector guitar arena, the instruments that have been in the hands of their hero does matter.  And the highest bids are made for those directly connected to their hero.

I know that Brent has had at least one, possibly more, in the G brand. There is a blues guy that plays around Savannah GA, he plays one regularly. His name is Eric Culberson

5 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Will, it wouldn't matter to me.  If I could own one of TL's instruments made by G i b s o n or Heritage, I'd be honored.  I still remember as a youngster, lusting after a Trini Lopez model guitar during the 60's, reading G i b s o n catalogues  until they fell apart.

However, in the collector guitar arena, the instruments that have been in the hands of their hero does matter.  And the highest bids are made for those directly connected to their hero.

I can understand that, but determining the authenticity of those claims can be difficult

Archived