Heritage Owners Club

New Used Amp Day

Bought a new used amp today. Crate V18212 tube amp. Found it on OfferUp last night for $100. Picked it up this morning. Loud as hell. One of the last of Crates good amps.

Crate Front.jpg

Crate Top.jpg

Now that is bad ass and a screaming good deal!

NICE!!! Crate definitely did make some nice amps, with the vintage series being quite nice. Sadly they got bought out and then mismanaged by Loud technologies, who also managed to run Blackheart amplifiers into the ground. I think ampeg was the only company to survive Loud Technologies utter ineptitude.

22 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Congratulations, PK.

Suggestion:  If it has great tone and quality electronics, it would be awesome if put in a great looking custom cabinet.  Just a thought. 

Maybe down the line. The 2x12 configuration makes it heavy. I would make it a 1x12.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, PunkKitty said:

Maybe down the line. The 2x12 configuration makes it heavy. I would make it a 1x12.

Hey PK, I had one of the Crate Vintage series amp, the one with 2 EL84s and 1X10 inch speaker, and many guys from pro acts asked how I was getting such a good tone, and all it was was that amp, and an old G I B S O N ES-125 with a killer P90 in it. Sometimes I would add an open back Mesa Boogie cabinet with a Jensen C12 in it. It was a great amp.

Archived