Heritage Owners Club

Shout out to Ren and his impact.

skydog52

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further Information can be obtained, by calling,

269-385-5721 after 8:30 am EST and before 3:15 pm.

Thank you, and I look forward to you playing the best guitar , The Heritage ,with Heritage award winning premium HRW Pickups !! 

Please ask for Ren 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                     

Rendal Wall has been with Heritage Guitar for the past 20 years, and was with Gibbons Guitar Inc., for 22 years (1960-1982). His father Rem Wall*, worked at Gibbons for 37 years, WKZO-TV for over 35 years, and WGFG and WKZO Radio for 40 years. 

Rendal Wall,     is the inventor of:

Gibbons's - TP-6 (Fine-Tune Tail Piece - 1978).

Bigsby Vibratos  - ( new string roller pin bar )-- Eliminated the pins and set screws in the back string roller bar that held the string balls in place,  and replaced the pins and allen set screws with roll pins, that are still used today.  No more allen set screws are necessary, plus the holes do not have to be tapped.  This was an idea to keep the strings from breaking as the handle is worked up and down and the strings would roll across the open holes and cut  the strings. 

Gibbons's   "Equa" Strings -  Each string within the set, pulls within + or - , 2 lbs.  The balanced string sets of today, came from this original idea.

Gibbons's - Top-Adjust TOM bridge.

Gibbons's - Top-Adjust- 3 point TOM bridge. This can  be used on right or left handed guitars.

Gibbons's - Brass " Sustain Sisters " (brass rods under the bridge-like on B.B. King's "Lucille"), (the  Howard Robert's Fusion guitar), (and the ES- 347),

Gibbons's - G-3 Grabber Bass, Pickup slide. One sliding pickup, taking the place of two pickups.  It slides back and forth to a desired position.

Gibbons's - Fiber Insert in Gibbons flat-top bridges (to keep the bridge pins from splitting the bridge)

Heritage's - Single VIP ( for bridge pickup only ), and D-VIP ( Double Var-i-Phase) electronics. Variable phase rollers.

Heritage's - Award winning premium HRW pickups :   H-150CM Ultra,   Millennium DC,    Millennium Std. Ultra, Chris Bovard "Kahuna" Solid body Signature Model, H-525/ HRW/ Pigtail, H-140CM 2nd Edition.  

, and other custom upgrades.

Heritage's - Award winning premium 4 - Point  mounted  HRW pickups, as used on the SKB
( Super Kenny Burrell Model -18" and Concert Master -18"), Kenny Burrell "Groove Master" Model 16", and the H-575 Mahogany / Spruce top -16",  
David Paul Signature Model,
Henry Johnson Signature Model.

and  other custom upgrades.

------------------------------------------------

Heritage "PLEK" Operator -  Over 2000 guitars and counting.

-------------------------------------------------

AWARDS:

State of Tennessee:   "Colonel"   Aide de Camp,   Governor's Staff   -   January 20th, 1981

State of Michigan:  Inducted into the  "Michigan Country Music Hall of Fame",  July 2, 2004

Private Pilot Certificate:  7-21-72

RETS : (Radio Electronics Television School )

Other Inventions:

Invented the Guitar Theory Computer (1969) Note: Got this idea when I was flying a Cessna 172 at 8,000 ft..  I designed it after the Jeppensen  E-6B flight computer. The whole theory of music and how to visually construct any chord ,was built into this 5 layer circular computer. The size of the old 45-RPM records.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invented Unicolor Photographic "Gray Card"

12 pad digital drum set. Invented new triggering device for this drum machine.  Quadraphonic, stereo output.

Heart%20HRW.jpg   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note:

Heritage Guitar Inc, is not owned by, or affiliated with, any other manufacturer of stringed instruments.

Factory tour is on Wednesday only, at 1:pm EST. Please call before coming.  No one under 13 years old allowed on tour, due to  insurance regulations.  Pictures may be taken with permission only.  We look forward to your visit. 

Thank you

Heritage Guitar Inc.
225 Parsons Street
Kalamazoo, MI. 49007

269-385-5721
Fax 269-385-3519 (For fax, please let ring 10 times)

I was always amazed at the people who blasted the HRWs for being to "hi-fi".   I remember seeing some pretty nasty comments on other forums back in the day about them being lousy.    

After swapping them out, they would then turn around and sell them for $$$$.  

It surprises me that nobody has ever deconstructed them to come up with a comparable pickup.   Does anyone know if the wire gauge is the same as the stock Schaller?   Same magnet?   We've all heard the cryogenic theories.   

Maybe it's just easier to take the stock PAF formula, make another version and sell them.   EVERYBODY wants a PAF, and almost nobody knows about the HRW outside of the Heritage world.

38 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

I was always amazed at the people who blasted the HRWs for being to "hi-fi".   I remember seeing some pretty nasty comments on other forums back in the day about them being lousy.    

After swapping them out, they would then turn around and sell them for $$$$.  

It surprises me that nobody has ever deconstructed them to come up with a comparable pickup.   Does anyone know if the wire gauge is the same as the stock Schaller?   Same magnet?   We've all heard the cryogenic theories.   

Maybe it's just easier to take the stock PAF formula, make another version and sell them.   EVERYBODY wants a PAF, and almost nobody knows about the HRW outside of the Heritage world.

That is a rather interesting point... I have never heard of anyone 'reverse' engineering the HRW to see what's under the hood.  My guess is pickup manufactures don't care and the every-day guitarist wouldn't do this because of the resale value.  Only time it could possibly happen is if one was broken and needed to be fixed?

Archived