Heritage Owners Club

Custom Core 150 On The Way....

yoslate

16 hours ago, yoslate said:

Thanks, Lyle, but I'm an Apple guy, and the pics are gone from the site, so it's moot.  And congratulations to you and Marg!  A letter forthcoming.

I save photos to my iPad then resize when uploading so I can post on here.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/10/2021 at 6:54 PM, yoslate said:

Thanks, Lyle, but I'm an Apple guy, and the pics are gone from the site, so it's moot.  And congratulations to you and Marg!  A letter forthcoming.

A few years back when I bought my 58 reissue Tele from Sweetwater they forwarded me shop pics of the guitar (about a dozen) from every angle, front back and sides. Maybe Clint can do that for you! 

8 hours ago, JeffB said:

Cool! Whats the eta? Look forward to reading your thoughts about it and listening to the clips.

He said he is hoping Saturday!

9 hours ago, JeffB said:

Comprehension, reading or otherwise, is a bit of a stumbling block for me. :D

Ever since I took the Evelyn Woodhead sped reddin' course, my reddin' has im-PRO-v'd 100%, and also... com-PREN-shun has increased won-der-FULL-y. I ricommend the Evelyn Woodhed Sped Reddin' Course to all my frens out there, and you tell 'em that you heard it here first... on Roller Derby

Well...it arrived yesterday.  I have a lot of plates in the air, and I really don't want to give this instrument short shrift.  Pictures will be a challenge, as this computer's iPhoto function is dead.  I'll have to make other arrangements for that, I'm afraid.  But I'm writing up a comprehensive review, which requires spending time I don't have right now with the guitar.  Just imagine a little spinning beach ball here, for the time being.  Doing the best I can.... 

On 6/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, DetroitBlues said:

I guess I'll have to make due until Daniel pulls the trigger! ?

That will be a while, my fun money bank was emptied with my Jaguar explorations, but I could sell some guitars that I'm not using:) Like you, I can't wait for the Professors review of this guitar. The guy has quite the grip on the English language, so you just know it's going to be entertaining, yet totally free of blowing smoke!

Good to see everyone waiting with baited breath :) I find it funny that this Edwin Wilson, a guy that spearheaded probably the best changes in the G I B S O N custom shop, is also doing the same thing for these upper end Heritages. If this guitar kicks some serious ass he will be forgiven for working for the Devil, hahahahahaha. I can't wait to get the lowdown on this axe!

15 hours ago, yoslate said:

Pictures will be a challenge, as this computer's iPhoto function is dead.  I'll have to make other arrangements for that, I'm afraid. 

Bring it down here next Thursday.  Bring your new laptop as well.  I know a place you can stay in that is very secluded.  Take as much time as you want.  There is an AC-15 and Blues Jr. here for you to use. 

2 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Bring it down here next Thursday.  Bring your new laptop as well.  I know a place you can stay in that is very secluded.  Take as much time as you want.  There is an AC-15 and Blues Jr. here for you to use. 

Thanks, Bird!  Given how busy I've been, that's really tempting.  And your photographs of Heritage guitars are definitive (that one of the 137...!), and this one's a looker!!  But the kids are coming in from Reno tomorrow for a long-ish stay.  We haven't seen them in a year-and-a-half.  Lots of catching up to do!

Can't wait to see the pictures of yours and how you like it! I have one on hold at my local shop. It's amazing all around. Best playing Les Paul I've ever played (and I've owned quite a few Gibby CS).

1 hour ago, ej150 said:

Can't wait to see the pictures of yours and how you like it! I have one on hold at my local shop. It's amazing all around. Best playing Les Paul I've ever played (and I've owned quite a few Gibby CS).

FYI...Around here, if anyone calls a Heritage H-150 a "Les Paul", the maximum penalty is to say 3 Hail Heritages while kneeling towards Kalamazoo. 

Consider yourself warned.  :P

1 hour ago, Gitfiddler said:

FYI...Around here, if anyone calls a Heritage H-150 a "Les Paul", the maximum penalty is to say 3 Hail Heritages while kneeling towards Kalamazoo. 

Consider yourself warned.  :P

Lol, I forgot to add "quotes" around the "Les Paul" - I only said it that way to say that it beats all the Les Pauls I've owned and played lol

3 hours ago, ej150 said:

I have the pics on my iMac now, and am waiting on instructions from the resident photo wiz (or anyone, actually) on how to resize them to post.  They're too large.  I've recently sent two Custom Shop Lesters packing in anticipation of this one.  Saving my observations for a review that'll be too long, which I hope to post soon.

...and these.  Hope this'll take care of things until I can put the review together.  And FYI, the color in these pics is dead on to the real thing, advertised as tobacco burst.  In slightly less light, the red almost disappears into brown, a chameleon.  Now that I have this sussed, I can take shots of specifics, if anyone has a request.  But remember, a comprehensive review is forthcoming.  I'll try to be as objective as I can, but I'm over the moon with this thing!

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

20 minutes ago, yoslate said:

...and these.  Hope this'll take care of things until I can put the review together.  And FYI, the color in these pics is dead on to the real thing, advertised as tobacco burst.  In slightly less light, the red almost disappears into brown, a chameleon.  Now that I have this sussed, I can take shots of specifics, if anyone has a request.  But remember, a comprehensive review is forthcoming.  I'll try to be as objective as I can, but I'm over the moon with this thing!

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

Headstock shot please, everything looks great. Nice case too!

Archived