Heritage Owners Club

Custom Core 150 On The Way....

yoslate

6 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

Hey Rob is that a True ABR Bridge that screws directly into the wood. It sure looks like the locking one by Faber...

Faber.jpg

Pretty sure that's it, Daniel.  And it goes commando...straight into the wood.  I knew someone would request headstock shots.  I'll get to those as soon as I can.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, yoslate said:

Pretty sure that's it, Daniel.  And it goes commando...straight into the wood.  I knew someone would request headstock shots.  I'll get to those as soon as I can.

Headstock, some of the Hog back, and top of the case please.... now that you know how to post photos.... LOL

Also, do you have any thoughts on a poker chip and the metal pointer markers under the knobs to round out the vintage vibe?  

20 minutes ago, Kuz said:

Also, do you have any thoughts on a poker chip and the metal pointer markers under the knobs to round out the vintage vibe?  

Just met her.  A little early to start telling her how to dress and accessorize....  ?

1 hour ago, rockabilly69 said:

Hey Rob is that a True ABR Bridge that screws directly into the wood. It sure looks like the locking one by Faber...

Faber.jpg

Thanks to you Daniel, I have Faber locking ABR-1 bridges on all my Stop-tail guitars.  On Rob's Core 150 the bridge looks wider than an ABR, more the width of a Nashville bridge.  At least that is how it looks to my eyes.

1 minute ago, Kuz said:

On Rob's Core 150 the bridge looks wider than an ABR, more the width of a Nashville bridge.  At least that is how it looks to my eyes.

Bingo, John.  You're right.  Nashville.

Just now, yoslate said:

Bingo, John.  You're right.  Nashville.

Also the adjustment screws are toward the tailpiece, like they are on a Nashville.

Now that's beautiful.  But why?

First, the wood is divine.  The grain, flame and symmetry is amazing.

Second, there are no flaws in the build.  So man and nature colluded to create this achievement.

Third, it's not shiny.  This gives it the appearance of being around for a while (timeless) but very well cared for (respected).  The cream binding also suggests it's not a newborn.

I confess that the headstock is classy.

Winner!

On 6/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, yoslate said:

Just met her.  A little early to start telling her how to dress and accessorize....  ?

Why would you change anything?  Put a hundred thousand miles on her first, clear your head, then decide.

31 minutes ago, MartyGrass said:

Now that's beautiful.  But why?

First, the wood is divine.  The grain, flame and symmetry is amazing.

Second, there are no flaws in the build.  So man and nature colluded to create this achievement.

Third, it's not shiny.  This gives it the appearance of being around for a while (timeless) but very well cared for (respected).  The cream binding also suggests it's not a newborn.

I confess that the headstock is classy.

Winner!

Bingo, Marty.  Hope to elaborate on these specific points and more once I figure this one out.  Very difficult to explain why this build seems more organic, less contrived, less...self-conscious than the two True Historics (both superb guitars) I just let go.  This guitar is about the balance of both what was done, and how it was done.  Speaks volumes about the concept and the people who created it! 

5 hours ago, yoslate said:

Bingo, Marty.  Hope to elaborate on these specific points and more once I figure this one out.  Very difficult to explain why this build seems more organic, less contrived, less...self-conscious than the two True Historics (both superb guitars) I just let go.  This guitar is about the balance of both what was done, and how it was done.  Speaks volumes about the concept and the people who created it! 

Well the Historic Goldtop you had did look like it was hit with a belt sander :) That thing was way over the top!!

I like that the aging on this Heritage is more subtle, especially the hardware, at least that's what I can see from the pictures you posted. On the H530 that my buddy bought, the aging was way too over the top (ie contrived), the tuners looked like they were dragged down the block behind a car, and the cracks on the finish were so deep it was hard to for him to discern if they were actually into the wood. On your Custom Core bridge and tailpiece, they look they  have a nice subtle patina, which to me translates to comfortable on the hand. My Heritage 150s both have Faber ABS (non-aged), and that's what they look like now after me playing them for a few years. I don't mind relic-ing unless the aging effects the performance, as in, rolled fingerboard edges, comfortable to play, pitted hardware, uncomfortable to play. And your H150 just looks like a nicely broke-in guitar. I am definitely waiting for the full report. 

I texted with Rob recently a couple days ago and he wants to post a continuing review of his new Core.  But he also said he has had an exhausting week with some pressing deadlines so be patient for his full review, knowing Rob….. it will be worth the wait.

On 6/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, yoslate said:

I'll be coming your way later on in the year- maybe I will arrange with you a brief visit to meet this new girl!

On 6/14/2021 at 9:57 PM, Spectrum13 said:

Beautiful   even without a  wood pickguard!

I would remove the PG just to expose more of the beautiful wood. Certainly he is not worried about pick scratches on an aged guitar!

Archived