Heritage Owners Club

Buying decision for a Heritage Millenium Eagle Limited Edition, H-555 or H-575

Plentine

Greetings to all here in the forum.  I am a long time follower and first time poster here.  Your experience and knowledge of all that is Heritage has been a great help to me as I search for my next guitar.  My interests are in the Blues and Jazz styles.  While there is no one guitar that fits both styles completely, I am looking for one that is a good choice for each.  I do like the Heritage Millenium Eagle Limited Edition from 2000.  Have also looked  at the H-555 for its custom features and the H-575.  The Heritage Millenium Eagle Limited Edition is harder to find.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  If anyone has a Heritage Millenium Eagle Limited Edition that they are considering selling, please let me know as well.

Thanks in advance. Pete

I probably don't have anything useful to add, but late last year I bought a 2nd-hand single (neck) pickup H-575 as a companion for my (slightly rubbish) ES-175 and a bunch of other guitars.  It's just a wonderful guitar: I've simply never had a guitar which I felt more at home with.  It may help that it has an HRW pickup: those things seem to be reasonably magic.  Based on this, H-575s are at least worth considering.

I'm not sure that i can add much either,but I do have a 1980's H575,a H555 and a Golden and Super Eagle.I would go along with

tfb in that the H575 is a guitar tat one feels at home with,it's just a wonderfull instrument and if i was looking for a jazz guitar one

of these would not disapoint you.For blues the H555 would be fine,although a H535 would do the job just as well,but quite as flash.

My Golden and Super Eagles are obviously built for jazz,i prefer the Golden to the Super just in terms of the smaller body,also my Golden is 

an acoustic guitar with an under top K&K pickup,but the H575 does the job just as well {I bought the 2 Eagles from the same dealer at a very

good price which I could not resist !!)

I guess I'm mostly partial to arch tops, and they are associated mostly with jazz, but at low volumes for any kind of music I just think they smoke other guitars.  My H575 has been my "go to" for quite a few years now.

75ALSB18601vs-2.thumb.jpg.4912826535ada2a89ed64e9b88f64880.jpg

Thanks Vanschoyck.  Beautiful guitar!  Wish there was one around here to play.  It looks like the 575 would be a very good option for jazz.  I will watch more YouTube videos to hear more from this guitar.  

Archived