Heritage Owners Club

Custom Core 150 in hand....

yoslate

On 6/19/2021 at 10:14 PM, Spectrum13 said:

latches are squared rather than the usual oblong shape.

Can we have a close up of the latches and what do they sound like when they open?   Do they "snap" or do they sound like a silver cloud being opened to reveal a movie star about to walk the red carpet... 

I don't think people as old as you or I could even hear that snapping sound any longer....

On 6/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, MartyGrass said:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I buy the guitar just for the sensualness of the case.  Thanks for sparing us the customary trivia about the guitar.  Now let's hear about that velour compartment!  Does it feel as good as it looks?

I'm waiting for the relic'd cases to come out.

I'd be caressing that velvety opening for hours before even picking up the guitar........

Sincerest apologies for having whetted everyone’s appetite, then disappearing.  The kids came in from Reno two days after the Custom Core landed on the doorstep.  We hadn’t seen them in over a year-and-a-half.  And, sadly, with their visit came a heavy family loss.  So there’s been that, and the on-going business of the massive nearly two-year musical benefit project I’ve been helping organize, playing on, and co-producing.  I’ve had my hands full.  Really funny, but I was serious in my post about the case.  I figured the brethren would insist on a comprehensive review, and, well, the case is the first thing I saw….  And it is really nice!  I thought it a promising harbinger of what I’d find inside.  It was.  So, OK…the guitar.  Rather than overwhelm everyone (and myself) with a Tolstoyan epic on the guitar, I’m going to do a series of posts on various aspects, such as finish, headstock, “artisan aging,” neck, overall build…those sorts of things.  Interested in a topic?  Read it. Not? Don’t.  In any event, thanks for all of the reads and comments so far. This forum has been and is a fine place!

2021 Heritage Custom Core 150iii.jpg

Scott, it's remarkable how well this thing was thought out and executed!  Looks like a pretty nice regular ol' 150, doesn't it?  Nope.  The more I put the hard eye on this thing, the more subtle differences I find.  And all those differences work together in a Heritage guitar I find demonstrably better than any of the Heritages I've owned.  I've owned and played a mountain of vintage guitars, and the desirable qualities those seem to possess that make them special to anyone who's played much are in this thing.  It's the most organically whole new guitar I've ever played.  Would love to pick Edwin Wilson's brain about this one.  Hope you're doing well in the cornfield!

Archived