Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Custom Core H-150 Dirty Lemon Burst

ej150

Just picked up this amazing Custom Core H150 in Dirty Lemon Burst. Quite simply, the best "LP" I've had and played...and that has been many including Custom Shops.

Fit, finish, playability, and tone are all extraordinary. Great top with lots of movement, nice light weight, comfortable neck, amazing fretwork, and a great feel to it. Great quality, very inspiring to play, these pickups sound great especially through a Fender amp variety.

The case is a tank. Well padded TKL with a nice exterior and good latches, but super heavy. It comes with a keychain though!

Here's a picture. I'll have to take good pictures with my good camera. 

20210622_003240-1512x2016.thumb.jpg.67dd5b12e72ab5f9767061e5af33f168.jpg

Sweet!

Very interesting that your Custom Core doesn't show the same type of aging on the metal parts as the one that Yoslate posted.  Does it have the finish checking that is on other Custom Core H150s?   

I've looked at some of the CC H150s listed on Reverb.   Many have shiny hardware, a few have the aged hardware.   I wonder if the degree of aging is an "option".

3 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Sweet!

Very interesting that your Custom Core doesn't show the same type of aging on the metal parts as the one that Yoslate posted.  Does it have the finish checking that is on other Custom Core H150s?   

I've looked at some of the CC H150s listed on Reverb.   Many have shiny hardware, a few have the aged hardware.   I wonder if the degree of aging is an "option".

Nope this has a regular non artisan aged finish, so shiny hardware and "gloss" finish. Yoslate has the Artisan Aged model.

1 hour ago, TalismanRich said:

I guess I didn't really pay attention to the fact that the Custom Core models were available both normal and artisan aged.   I thought the aging was part of the custom core process.  

Yeah its pretty neat they offer them in both options! This one just happened to be the only one that my store got I'm so I didn't have the option readily available lol

20 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Sweet!

There you go, assuming again!

I love it.  I guess if you are going to pay near $5K for a guitar, it better have a tank of a case to transport and store it in!

Just now, ElNumero said:

I love it.  I guess if you are going to pay near $5K for a guitar, it better have a tank of a case to transport and store it in! Now I am torn between ordering an Aritisan aged or non Artisan aged model. Wonder if there is any difference in the sound?

3 hours ago, ElNumero said:

I love it.  I guess if you are going to pay near $5K for a guitar, it better have a tank of a case to transport and store it in!

Now I am torn between ordering an Aritisan aged or non Artisan aged model. Wonder if there is any difference in the sound?

Will, one of them sounds older and the other sounds newer.

Thanks all! 

True about the case being a tank for a pricey guitar. I never understood why Gibby Custom Shops come in the flimsy Lifton cases. I know for historic representation...but still, they offered no protection. I like that this case that heritage uses actually protects the guitar.

18 hours ago, ej150 said:

Thanks all! 

True about the case being a tank for a pricey guitar. I never understood why Gibby Custom Shops come in the flimsy Lifton cases. I know for historic representation...but still, they offered no protection. I like that this case that heritage uses actually protects the guitar.

Most people know that I'm a huge custom shop fan, but I also have a beef with those custom shop cases, they are ridiculously flimsy! I am very careful with them as I feel a fall could easily snap a headstock! I mostly gig acoustic, but if I bring a custom shop Les Paul to a gig with me, I am VERY careful handling it in the case!

7 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Most people know that I'm a huge custom shop fan, but I also have a beef with those custom shop cases, they are ridiculously flimsy! I am very careful with them as I feel a fall could easily snap a headstock! I mostly gig acoustic, but if I bring a custom shop Les Paul to a gig with me, I am VERY careful handling it in the case!

Exactly! I got a different case for my 60th Anniversary R9 - a TKL one like they used to use in the mid 2000's with the red velvet interior. Much better than the Lifton case.

This Heritage case is actually a heavier duty version of that TKL case. And it's got a sweet exterior, almost looks like figured wood.

Thanks!

Sorry haven't gotten around to take more pictures of it...every time I've had it out I have just been playing it haha. So I'll tell more about it:

It feels like a premium instrument. It feels how a Custom Shop guitar should feel. I've played many other Custom Shop models from other manufacturers that honestly didn't feel any better than their standard production lines. Heritage got it right with this one. Yes Heritage has a great Standard line, but I can feel the step above in their Custom Core models.

40 minutes ago, ej150 said:

Thanks!

Sorry haven't gotten around to take more pictures of it...every time I've had it out I have just been playing it haha. So I'll tell more about it:

It feels like a premium instrument. It feels how a Custom Shop guitar should feel. I've played many other Custom Shop models from other manufacturers that honestly didn't feel any better than their standard production lines. Heritage got it right with this one. Yes Heritage has a great Standard line, but I can feel the step above in their Custom Core models.

ej, it'll be interesting for us to keep volleying posts relative to the two Custom Cores.  So far, I agree with what you've said note-for-note.   And we've apparently had similar Custom Shop experiences.  I'm going to write too much regarding mine; it's what I do, and the HOC'ers have put up with that for fourteen years now.  I'll be interested in our comparing notes!  You have a honey, there! 

Archived