Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Custom Core H-150 Dirty Lemon Burst

ej150

13 hours ago, yoslate said:

ej, it'll be interesting for us to keep volleying posts relative to the two Custom Cores.  So far, I agree with what you've said note-for-note.   And we've apparently had similar Custom Shop experiences.  I'm going to write too much regarding mine; it's what I do, and the HOC'ers have put up with that for fourteen years now.  I'll be interested in our comparing notes!  You have a honey, there! 

Yeah looking forward to hearing more about yours too! I have enjoyed reading about it so far. It got me super pumped to receive mine lol. 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

OK, the new Custom Core models have great cases and look amazing.

Please tell us about the new pickups?  :icon_scratch:

The 225 pickups sound great. Very clear and articulate, and a very open sound to them. Their tone is mellow yet retains the bite and attack that is a great vintage PAF (not all vintage PAFs were created equal).

I know these are potted pickups, but they have that nice openness of unpotted pickups.

I really like playing this clean through a Fender amp.

Add some dirt and it becomes that snarling beast of a guitar we all know and love. Without the mud. Even on neck position. No muddiness whatsoever. Just nice clear tone with great note definition. 

1 hour ago, ej150 said:

The 225 pickups sound great. Very clear and articulate, and a very open sound to them. Their tone is mellow yet retains the bite and attack that is a great vintage PAF (not all vintage PAFs were created equal).

I know these are potted pickups, but they have that nice openness of unpotted pickups.

I really like playing this clean through a Fender amp.

Add some dirt and it becomes that snarling beast of a guitar we all know and love. Without the mud. Even on neck position. No muddiness whatsoever. Just nice clear tone with great note definition. 

@ej150:  Thank you for that 225 pickup review.  Yet another plus for Heritage Guitars!! 

Some of us old timers...er, um, I mean early adopters, have been through the Schaller/HRW/SD59/Seth Lover phases of Heritage.  My favorites are the Seths.

I hope these new 225's are another part of their winning back old customers and bringing in new ones.  Thanks again. 

19 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

@ej150:  Thank you for that 225 pickup review.  Yet another plus for Heritage Guitars!! 

Some of us old timers...er, um, I mean early adopters, have been through the Schaller/HRW/SD59/Seth Lover phases of Heritage.  My favorites are the Seths.

I hope these new 225's are another part of their winning back old customers and bringing in new ones.  Thanks again. 

No problem! I'm a huge fan of the Seths. The 225s imo are a step above the Seths.

14 hours ago, ej150 said:

No problem! I'm a huge fan of the Seths. The 225s imo are a step above the Seths.

That's good to hear.  I also like my Seth Lovers, along with the Alnico Pro IIs.   I was really curious of how the 225s stack up.  

11 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

That's good to hear.  I also like my Seth Lovers, along with the Alnico Pro IIs.   I was really curious of how the 225s stack up.  

You'd love the 225s then!

Interesting how most of us on here used to refer to (what is now called the Heritage Standard line) as Custom Shop instruments (without there actually being a custom shop in the factory) because of their enduring quality! So I guess the Custom Core can be called a Heritage Standard Custom Custom!!

• 2 weeks later...

Everything about this guitar is beautiful   Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy,enjoy, enjoy.

14 hours ago, ElChoad said:

That is a beautiful axe. Now I am second guessing the Standard H-150 I got this week. Nah, I'm cool. But that is gorgeous. 

Thanks. The Standard line are fantastic guitars too!

Archived