Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Pickguards Y/N/Maybe...

Gitfiddler

On 7/4/2021 at 6:04 AM, GuitarsGuitarsGuitars said:

H555 2.jpg

I knew Kennedy...and also a few 535's, and that's not a 535. 

That's a demonic black 550...with a can opener, or something hanging off of it.  The lack of a pickguard is attractive...but not for me. 

Nice try, Satan.  :angry4:

30 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

That's a demonic black 550...with a can opener, or something hanging off of it.  The lack of a pickguard is attractive...but not for me. 

Someone mention Satin?

Witch side are you on?

image.png

18 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Just saw this - as I was travelling back from Haiti ...  ?

Ole trigger didn't need no dad gom pickguard. Just ask Willie.....

• 3 weeks later...

I am normally a supporter of pickguards to complete the look.  I really wish my H137 had a guard, but the Jay Wolfe one I got was too funky for me.  I can't stand Les Pauls without pickguards, no matter how nice the top, but I have to admit that I like many H-530's without guards.  I just got a blonde flamey H530 today, and I don't want to put a guard on it.

jiYMzsq.jpg

13 hours ago, cbpickinTGP said:

I am normally a supporter of pickguards to complete the look.  I really wish my H137 had a guard, but the Jay Wolfe one I got was too funky for me.  I can't stand Les Pauls without pickguards, no matter how nice the top, but I have to admit that I like many H-530's without guards.  I just got a blonde flamey H530 today, and I don't want to put a guard on it.

Problem with the 137 is Heritage uses default dogear P90's, so you cannot buy a normal aftermarket pickguard.

I agree it needs one, but you'll have to modify one to make it work.

My '64 ES330 came to me without a pickguard,and it cost me a fortune (believe me) to find and import a 

genuine G I B S O N  '64 pickguard to complete the guitar,but worth every penny (or should I say cent ?)

Archived