Heritage Owners Club

I was looking at the sale at Dave's. I gave in.

PunkKitty

What was this so called "sale" I somehow missed? Inventory reduction? Pre 4th?

6 hours ago, GuitarsGuitarsGuitars said:

Thats a Beauty !

I got this one from the same sale... Even though I despise Dave and Tylor.

2017 - 59's.

DCS_1130.thumb.jpg.bcc03d18fdb43f33be5676aca399548c.jpg

Why do you despise him?

4 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

In the For Sale area.

1 hour ago, ElNumero said:

Not really a “sale”, it’s just that they seemed to receive quite a few used Heritage guitars over a couple week period. Years ran from about ‘16-‘21. I’ve noticed this quite a bit with Dave’s. They’ll often list a whole bunch of different “used” PRS SE guitars on the same day. I’ve wondered if those were factory repaired models or something of the like. Perhaps they buy remaining inventory of stores that are closing their doors, and flip them at their shop.

1 hour ago, davesultra said:

Not really a “sale”, it’s just that they seemed to receive quite a few used Heritage guitars over a couple week period. Years ran from about ‘16-‘21. I’ve noticed this quite a bit with Dave’s. They’ll often list a whole bunch of different “used” PRS SE guitars on the same day. I’ve wondered if those were factory repaired models or something of the like. Perhaps they buy remaining inventory of stores that are closing their doors, and flip them at their shop.

Could be. I bought a few things from them in the past. Never a problem. Guitars always arrive perfectly set up. 

10 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

Could be. I bought a few things from them in the past. Never a problem. Guitars always arrive perfectly set up. 

I’ve purchased quite a few guitars from them over the last decade or so. My experience has been 50/50, with more than a couple having some needing fret work. This most recent one is excellent though. The nice thing about buying from them is that they have a very generous return policy. They’ll take stuff back without you needing a reason. I believe due to the volume of guitars moving through their store(s), they likely aren’t always going over the guitars with a fine toothed comb. But it hasn’t stopped me from buying from them.

As we discussed last week, I caved and bought an H-150 from Dave's Guitars. It arrived today. And I really like it. It doesn't seem to weigh the 9.5 pounds that it was advertised as. I was a bit concerned because when UPS arrived, some of the tape on the box looked like it had been messed with. But I could see that the case was in there, and it was heavy enough, so I accepted the shipment. I opened the box and everything was in order, so I was relieved. Tuned it up and plugged it in. Sounded great. The stock pickups are Duncan 59's, a pickup that I'm normally not a fan of, but they sound good with this guitar and my Crate V18. I think I'm going to keep them. This was purchased as a used guitar, and I found a couple of minor issues. A bit of glue on the pickguard. I opened the electronics cavity and noticed that one pickup had a braided lead while the other was 4 conductor. Strange, but I checked the model number on the bottom of the pickups and they are 59's. It was missing 3 tuning machine screws and the other 3 weren't fully screwed in. I had screws at home so it wasn't a big deal, but still odd. It's really nice to play a H-150 again. I didn't realize how much I missed my old one.

IMG_20210629_145957405.jpg

IMG_20210629_150002964.jpg

IMG_20210629_150018651.jpg

IMG_20210629_150024049.jpg

IMG_20210629_145656167.jpg

IMG_20210629_145640219.jpg

IMG_20210629_151420531.jpg

Archived