Heritage Owners Club

I was looking at the sale at Dave's. I gave in.

PunkKitty

• 5 weeks later...

Beautiful! I have never been a fan of SD pickups, but the '59s in my H-150 sound pretty good. I will keep them for a while and see how I feel about them. I did the same thing with my LP. Played the factory '57s for about a year, then swapped them for Bare Knuckle Black Dogs. 

8 hours ago, ElChoad said:

Beautiful! I have never been a fan of SD pickups, but the '59s in my H-150 sound pretty good. I will keep them for a while and see how I feel about them. I did the same thing with my LP. Played the factory '57s for about a year, then swapped them for Bare Knuckle Black Dogs. 

It's funny about pickups and really all things related to electric guitars.  The menu has a thousand selections and each person has his/her favorites.

It reminds me of when Ted McCarty had a young Pete Moreno drive a truck out to the dump to get rid of a very large number of original and unused PAF pickups because 225 Parsons needed the room.  About 20 years later Pete bought boxes of Gibbons items that were being left behind in the move to Nashville.  Each box was $10.  One of the boxes had among its contents five new Charlie Christian pickups still in the plastic.

Two sayings come to mind.  One man's gold is another man's garbage, and every dog has his day. 

4 hours ago, MartyGrass said:

It's funny about pickups and really all things related to electric guitars.  The menu has a thousand selections and each person has his/her favorites.

It reminds me of when Ted McCarty had a young Pete Moreno drive a truck out to the dump to get rid of a very large number of original and unused PAF pickups because 225 Parsons needed the room.  About 20 years later Pete bought boxes of Gibbons items that were being left behind in the move to Nashville.  Each box was $10.  One of the boxes had among its contents five new Charlie Christian pickups still in the plastic.

Two sayings come to mind.  One man's gold is another man's garbage, and every dog has his day. 

Excellent insights, as usual, Mark. :icon_thumright:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, MartyGrass said:

Pete told me that story one time when he was doing some work on one of my guitars. Imagine what that load of pickups would be worth today?

The pickup that I have had the most luck with in any guitar has been the SD 59. I was always hoping it would be something more exotic, something with a bit more  cred.

Fixed problems with the sound of PRS's, makes for a great HH strat. They sound good in a 335style guitar and my H150 never sounded as good with anything else.

One day when if I get back into guitar I will take the antiquities out of the H150 and reinstate the 59s to their rightful place, and all will be good again.

On 8/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, MartyGrass said:

too late to dumpster dive?

On 6/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, PunkKitty said:

This is on the way.
AI14114B.jpg

I love the sunburst. Perfectly done. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I was looking at this place again too. I had never heard of them before. Holy Cow they have a lot of neat stuff!

I shouldn't have looked. I think I want with this:  https://davesguitar.com/products/gl/asat-classic-15/ 

It'll pair nicely with the blue bassboat flake ASAT Z3 with MOTS pickguard I have. :eek:

On 9/13/2021 at 9:07 PM, rockabilly69 said:

If that had a rosewood neck I would have a very hard time resisting buying that one!

Yeah man! The blue Z3 has rosewood, which I have deluded myself in to believing softens some of the hi-fi sharpness of the Zcoils. I mean, if I could even play the damned thing.

Archived