Heritage Owners Club

2007 H-150 Gold Top home tone

Gianluca

Hi All ?

before proceeding with my H-150 push-push upgrade (please see here) I thought to save some tone samples with my H-150 and share them with my fellow HOC'ers
....it's a lot of work to make a barely acceptable video and after all that there's is to do then comes playing :)
sorry for not great playing, please let me know what you think if you want

weather was a bit unstable and some wind and clouds made the light a bit intermittent

On 7/4/2021 at 4:21 PM, MartyGrass said:

What a beautiful contrast and combo with the tele!  Just great!

On 7/4/2021 at 4:47 PM, pressure said:

Fab playing and video. Thanks for that.

Thank you ?

17 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Nice job!  Recording is hard, you captured it well.  Keep them coming….

thank you DB ? I'll do my best, that's the idea

2 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

The Etta James I'd Rather Go Blind lick, that sounded great!

thank you RB ? I used the Snouse Blackbox 2 Pro Mod on the H-150 because I remembered you liked it, so I thought to demo it
I didn't think of the great Etta honestly it just came easy enough to play (which was what I needed for a start)

what a great piece the H-150 is ?

On 7/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, Gianluca said:

....it just came easy enough to play (which was what I needed for a start)

That's the way it goes, you start a lick, and then it's a song :) Sometimes you just fall into a good groove.

BTW, a while back, my duet "The Legendary Porch Pounders", did a gig with Etta James, and she was cool kitten, she was very kind to me, And her saxophone man offered to play on my next album! Since I don't use saxophones in my music that never happened, but it was very nice of him!

https://www.deseret.com/2009/6/6/20321829/james-delivers-strong-set-in-short-time

6 hours ago, SeattleMI said:

Sounded excellent, brother!  I really enjoyed that.

Thank you, glad you heard it all ?

1 hour ago, rockabilly69 said:

That's the way it goes, you start a lick, and then it's a song :) Sometimes you just fall into a good groove.

BTW, a while back, my duet "The Legendary Porch Pounders", did a gig with Etta James, and she was cool kitten, she was very kind to me, And her saxophone man offered to play on my next album! Since I don't use saxophones in my music that never happened, but it was very nice of him!

https://www.deseret.com/2009/6/6/20321829/james-delivers-strong-set-in-short-time

wow....that's cool ?

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Great tones!

Tele sounds excellent. So does the H150 but the tele caught me first.

Some really cool slippery licks in there. Ear catchers. Nice.

I also liked the Tele tone!!! LP/H150 tone mixed with Tele tone is like peanut butter and Jelly for your ears!

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Great tones!

Tele sounds excellent. So does the H150 but the tele caught me first.

Some really cool slippery licks in there. Ear catchers. Nice.

2 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

I also liked the Tele tone!!! LP/H150 tone mixed with Tele tone is like peanut butter and Jelly for your ears!

thank you guys
as you know those are two different Guitars and PUs

but on the Tele I used the Hudson Broadcast which is a pre-amp with an interesting frequency cut not a tone control - that makes a big difference with the rest of the ODs I own at least

on the H-150 I used the Snouse BlackBox 2 which is a Blues Braker kind of OD (the best one imHo) mainly because rockabilly69 showed some curiosity about it some posts ago

the reverbs too are different, the Tele has more

during the soloing I decided to use only the guitar volumes with both PUs and avoid interrupting the playing for tweaking the pedals' knobs

clearly I missed to show you how cool the bass strings are with the BlackBox
I will make some other demo, this one came out for showing the BB2 and the H-150 tone before upgrading to the push-push pots

thank you so much for the precious and  appreciated feedback

21 hours ago, Vanschoyck said:

That's great, and looks like a lot of fun!  That 150 sounds to me as good as any LP I've heard.

thank you, it does, the player is not good enough and the video taking/making/production takes efforts and lots of lessons learning
I hope to improve

thanks for listening

Archived