Heritage Owners Club

H-137

static111

On 7/18/2021 at 3:20 AM, High Flying Bird said:

A couple of bozos showed up here in 2017 or so with some fancy 137s.  It looks like this bridge is different. 

dscf7844_std.jpg

Its a shame they sold them!

18 hours ago, big bob said:

Dumbass!

I could hear the sound but his lips were not moving.  He was talking out of his arse. 

I'm surprised that you can't adjust the bridge placement (scale length) for the intonation to be reasonably close.  I have heard of that coming close to happening on one other Heritage though.

Out of curiosity, which strings are out of pitch at the 12th fret and are they too high or low?

I have seen the nut slots not being filed properly and causing intonation problems.  If you put a capo on the first fret you can eliminate that possibility.  Tune the guitar properly F-A#-D#-G#-C-F, play each note an octave higher on the same string as the open note, and see if you can achieve good intonation.  If you can, the nut may be the problem.

1 hour ago, MartyGrass said:

I'm surprised that you can't adjust the bridge placement (scale length) for the intonation to be reasonably close.  I have heard of that coming close to happening on one other Heritage though.

Out of curiosity, which strings are out of pitch at the 12th fret and are they too high or low?

I have seen the nut slots not being filed properly and causing intonation problems.  If you put a capo on the first fret you can eliminate that possibility.  Tune the guitar properly F-A#-D#-G#-C-F, play each note an octave higher on the same string as the open note, and see if you can achieve good intonation.  If you can, the nut may be the problem.

The treble grub screw head is worn out so can’t be adjusted.   Only the bass side is adjustable.   I got a needle nose on the end and managed to pull the screw out.   It appears it was cross threaded .  B and g were both flat and because of the screw unadjustable. I know no guitar will ever have perfect intonation, but this was just too far out to dial in with a single adjustment screw on the bass side.  Heritage sent a replacement so I should hopefully be good to go soon.  

Got the replacement bridge from heritage.  Put it on and did a quick and dirty setup.   Plays so much more in tune now. Not gonna get a fine tuning until the weekend because I don’t have time to go through all the micro adjustments until then.  It’s such a great guitar and Heritage had such great customer service.

one interesting thing of note is that the replacement OEM had different tooling marks than the bridge that was on the guitar when I received it.  I did a little digging and it looks like the original owner had replaced the OEM with the MojoAxe lightning bolt style.  I’m guessing that all adjustments done previous to my ownership were under full tension.   Anyways.  So happy to have the guitar barking out some riffs through those nice lollar dog ears.

Long story short  I got a great deal and with a little bit of patience a happy ending!

On 7/26/2021 at 7:58 PM, static111 said:

Got the replacement bridge from heritage.  Put it on and did a quick and dirty setup.   Plays so much more in tune now. Not gonna get a fine tuning until the weekend because I don’t have time to go through all the micro adjustments until then.  It’s such a great guitar and Heritage had such great customer service.

one interesting thing of note is that the replacement OEM had different tooling marks than the bridge that was on the guitar when I received it.  I did a little digging and it looks like the original owner had replaced the OEM with the MojoAxe lightning bolt style.  I’m guessing that all adjustments done previous to my ownership were under full tension.   Anyways.  So happy to have the guitar barking out some riffs through those nice lollar dog ears.

Long story short  I got a great deal and with a little bit of patience a happy ending!

Glad it worked out for you and Heritage was able to work with you!

Archived