Heritage Owners Club

225 pickups

MartyGrass

OK. Different guitars and pickups don't sound the same.

I like the '57 un-potted LP sound, as in "While My Guitar Gently  Weeps" and Robben Ford's Soul on Ten.

My '57 Goldtop RI was very close to that sound. Then I put Throbak SLE 101s in my H150.

It is exactly the LP sound I want. Besides the one with P-90s, of course.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:10 PM, Spectrum13 said:

This....  Anyone read

This Is Your Brain on Music by Daniel J. Levitin ...

A Los Angeles Times Book Award finalist, This is Your Brain on Music will attract readers of Oliver Sacks and David Byrne, as it is an unprecedented, eye-opening investigation into an obsession at the heart of human nature. Daniel J. Levitin, PhD, is a neuroscientist, cognitive psychologist, and bestselling author.

It's in my Audiobooks cue.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:32 PM, TalismanRich said:

For me, the differences seemed to be in the pickups.   The Heritage was darker, fatter, and lower in output.   The LP broke up more on with the gain telling me it had more output,  and started to get edgy to me.   The PRS was way too bright and seemed to be hotter than either of the other two.  

I don't know that the nut makes the big difference that they were noting, unless you're playing lots of open cowboy chords.   For me,  once you hit the frets,  the nut pretty much drops out of the equation.  

I agree raising the pickups can adjust the tone…. But when they are compared acoustically (the closest true apples to apples comparison) I  hear the same thing; the Core is quieter, less sustain, darker & more compressed, and less open.

Again, this is only ONE Core vs only ONE R9.  If they picked a different Core or a different R9 the results may have been completely different.

1 hour ago, Kuz said:

But when they are compared acoustically (the closest true apples to apples comparison) I  hear the same thing; the Core is quieter, less sustain, darker & more compressed, and less open.

Again, this is only ONE Core vs only ONE R9.  If they picked a different Core or a different R9 the results may have been completely different.

Just A/B'd 'em.  You could make the identical claim regarding my Custom Core and my '06 20th Anniversary.

Archived