Heritage Owners Club

HELP IDENTIFY THIS MODEL

Heritage1970

Hi all! Need help identifying this model. Supposed to be a 1987. Seller was just calling it a "Heritage Stratocaster", although I know that wasn't the official name. This does have a Heritage headstock and Ser. number that starts with a D- which should be 1987? I've never seen this model before. Anyways- I know many of you on here are far more knowledgable than I am about past Heritage models, so thought I'd ask for help. Thanks in advance!

de7ajr0luvxw70nuwxio.jpg

vxa8fj0jrhtk0q8xm6rs.jpg

52 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I suspect it’s a bolt on neck.

Meaning, it’s not a Heritage body.  In 1987, pickups and hardware would have been Schaller.

Could be something heavily modified and refinished, but doesn’t look right to me.

I like where DB is going with this.  There was a member here that had a heritage with a bolt-on, maple fretboard. Jacques?

Who knows?  It may be the grail.

Nice snatch!

19 minutes ago, Steiner said:

I like where DB is going with this.  There was a member here that had a heritage with a bolt-on, maple fretboard. Jacques?

Who knows?  It may be the grail.

Nice snatch!

Thanks! Like I said I'm not sure if I'll hold on to it if it doesn't have a Heritage body. Supposed to get here sometime next week so we'll see! I've been looking online and figured maybe some people here would know but I haven't seen any model that looks like this from Heritage. The guy swears it's all original though and that this is the way it originally was. But then again he did say he's not the original owner so there you go....

8 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

The body looks like a Ibanez GAX series to me. I could be wrong.

Yup.  Appears to be a GAX30 body with a homemade pickguard.

Doesn't mean it's trash, but it's no Heritage.

59 minutes ago, LK155 said:

Yeah I'll check it out when it gets here, but I'm thinking its an Ibanez body too. Definitely a Heritage neck though, but I don't see me hanging onto it if it is an Ibanez.

11 hours ago, Heritage1970 said:

Yeah I'll check it out when it gets here, but I'm thinking its an Ibanez body too. Definitely a Heritage neck though, but I don't see me hanging onto it if it is an Ibanez.

Heck, if it plays and sounds good and you got it cheap,   hang on to it.    I've got a G&L Tribute ASAT that's just feels great.  Only cost $300 used.   That's less that I paid for my Guild S100 in 1974. 

It doesn't HAVE to be expensive to be a good guitar.

17 hours ago, LK155 said:

My thoughts as well. Caveat emptor.

I reported it to Reverb as misleading product info when I came across the listing not long after it was posted; apparently they did nothing. Seemed like a bit of a stretch at the original asking price of $850 + tax + shipping IIRC. Good luck…

Thanks everyone! I'll report what actually arrives as soon as I have it. The seller also swears its not an Ibanez body... soooo.. we'll see! 

Either way- with the Heritage neck it might end up being a good "bang around" guitar. Or maybe not too!! :) We'll see! Thanks again for all the help and info

Well this came in today, and as most of us suspected, including myself, it is a Heritage neck attached to what appears to be an Ibanez body. Here are some pictures with a picture of the control cavity. Definitely not Heritage but I'm not 100% sure if it is Ibanez? Pretty sure though. That being PXL_20210727_185505857.thumb.jpg.2a72aed8d6da72d65c4cc9a8ac671069.jpgsaid, I'm pretty pleased with this overall. I didn't pay very much for it and just having the Heritage neck on there is really cool! It feels fantastic! Not sure what this would have come off of in 1987 but it is definitely a Heritage neck. It actually plays really great because of the Heritage neck! So I will definitely hold on to this one for a little while. Good bang around guitar!

On 7/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, MartyGrass said:

That's very nice soldering.

For 16 years I was an electronics technician that built prototypes.  The soldering is sufficient.  The art is in the installing the shielding in the cavity.   Very nice job on that!

On 7/29/2021 at 3:19 AM, High Flying Bird said:

For 16 years I was an electronics technician that built prototypes.  The soldering is sufficient.  The art is in the installing the shielding in the cavity.   Very nice job on that!

It's nice compared to my soldering!

4 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Curious, now you know its a Partscaster, not a Heritage, did you push the issue with the seller?  Maybe get a partial refund?

He came down substantially from his original asking price, so I'm ok with everything. I kind of suspected it was what it is. I just really love these 80s Heritage necks with the pointy headstocks too. So, it's all good 

Archived