Heritage Owners Club

Will the Heritage Custom Shop build former models??

Gitfiddler

Spotted this gorgeous, quilt top H-555 under construction by the Heritage Custom Shop over on their Facebook page. 

Does this mean they will build other formerly discontinued Heritage guitar models....if enough cash is thrown at them?  :icon_scratch:

4iZTAZ.jpg

Since the jigs for building the 555 and 157 are the same as the 535 and 150, it's simply a matter of additional binding and the inlays.  Heritage made their own multilayer binding, so that shouldn't be an issue.    Add in gold parts, and you're there.

It might be a bit more difficult for other models if they disposed of the actual templates for things like the Academy, Prospect,  or a 1st gen H140.   I know someone was selling a bunch of old Heritage templates on Ebay and Reverb a while back.   Don't know if any of there were for any discontinued guitars, but I remember seeing some pickguard patterns.

14 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Since the jigs for building the 555 and 157 are the same as the 535 and 150, it's simply a matter of additional binding and the inlays.  Heritage made their own multilayer binding, so that shouldn't be an issue.    Add in gold parts, and you're there.

It might be a bit more difficult for other models if they disposed of the actual templates for things like the Academy, Prospect,  or a 1st gen H140.   I know someone was selling a bunch of old Heritage templates on Ebay and Reverb a while back.   Don't know if any of there were for any discontinued guitars, but I remember seeing some pickguard patterns.

Exactly!  Many of the original templates from long ago models are gone.  So unless it matches something made today, you're out of luck.

But if you want a 157 or 555, you can order it.  Best to ask Heritage to know what is possible and what isn't.

https://heritageguitars.com/pages/bespoke-program

On 8/4/2021 at 5:37 PM, Gitfiddler said:

Spotted this gorgeous, quilt top H-555 under construction by the Heritage Custom Shop over on their Facebook page. 

Does this mean they will build other formerly discontinued Heritage guitar models....if enough cash is thrown at them?  :icon_scratch:

4iZTAZ.jpg

Hahahaha!  Saw this on Facebook and, kid you not Tim, my first thought was, "That quilt's right up Tim's alley."

15 minutes ago, yoslate said:

Hahahaha!  Saw this on Facebook and, kid you not Tim, my first thought was, "That quilt's right up Tim's alley."

Ya'll know me too well!! 

Thankfully my H555 needs (and other guitars as well) have been met. 

I'm really trying to be good.

Archived