Heritage Owners Club

Has anyone put a Bigsby on their H530?

cbpickinTGP

While I was at my tech's shop, he had a brand new Bigsby he offered to put on my new H530.  I am not sure how much I would use, especially since I deck all of my strats and use them like hard tails, but I think the Bigsby on a hollow or semi hollow is a great look.  Has anyone on here done it?  

The extra weight will be the draw back.  I hardly use the Bisgby on my 535 but the tail end weight is surprising.  They do look nice though.

img_5215_std.jpg

1 hour ago, High Flying Bird said:

The extra weight will be the draw back.  I hardly use the Bisgby on my 535 but the tail end weight is surprising.  They do look nice though.

img_5215_std.jpg

The one he was showing me was the the single bar where tje strings wrap around and the go straight to the saddles.  B3 or B6 model.  It looks like the B3 is for thin lines.

I'd consider a B11.  It's a little lighter and the rim attachment is smaller.

The screws won't line up with the current tailpiece.  You'll have to sort that out.  The Bigsby plate may cover the holes.  You'd have to make the measurements.  The holes can be filled with red tinted wood filler and some clear lacquer.  The specs are here.  https://www.bigsby.com/products/vibratos/kalamazoo-series/

A second issue is that Heritage doesn't have rocking bridges.  You'd probably be better served with a roller bridge.  Schaller makes a good one.

Lastly, I'd invest in a Vibramate.  It makes string changes a breeze.  https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardware/all-hardware-and-parts-by-instrument/archtop-guitar-parts/archtop-guitar-bridges-and-tailpieces/vibramate-spoiler/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=2021-08-gp&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2K2WzYKz8gIVyNzICh31lgcgEAQYASABEgILy_D_BwE

This is my H-555 with a Bigsby.  This is how it came from Heritage.  I put on a roller bridge and a Vibramate.  It works well.

I also have a Thornton with a different Bigsby.  This has the lighter B11 with a gentler break angle.  It also works very well.  That won't put extra holes in your top.

50464963831_baac4653ec_c.jpg

36854578523_31c79b2a5e_c.jpg

Yes, and I'm very happy with the B7 on my 530, particularly after I switched out the spring for the softer spring that Reverend guitars sells.

+1 on the Vibramate string spoiler.  

I also had a B6 with a Towner downbar on my 535, which I subsequently sold.  I have to say the 535 with the added weight was too heavy for me.

20210816_090447.jpg

11 hours ago, Rob2020 said:

Yes, and I'm very happy with the B7 on my 530, particularly after I switched out the spring for the softer spring that Reverend guitars sells.

+1 on the Vibramate string spoiler.  

I also had a B6 with a Towner downbar on my 535, which I subsequently sold.  I have to say the 535 with the added weight was too heavy for me.

20210816_090447.jpg

My 555 with a Bigsby is lighter than my H157s and H150s.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, High Flying Bird said:

img_5215_std.jpg

Looks like a Hillbilly crowbar to me!

Archived