Heritage Owners Club

New HOC Forum Mini Icons?

Gitfiddler

Probably. I strongly suspect that, a lot of the time, he does things with no understanding of expected outcomes. Like, he probably didn't even fully read the page that says "hey, we're going to upgrade your board to this nifty new accomplishments/awards system, are you sure" until after he pushed the "Yes" button. :boxing: 

5 minutes ago, Dick Seacup said:

There is no talking to him. He's fond of saying, "There are two types of people in this world. Avoid them both." Not sure what you mean about words changing. You mean when people mis-type "Gibson"?  Never happened to me. Nuh-uh.

I would like to see someone come in here and reply to that with, "I'm two types of people. Ive been avoiding both of them all my life".

But I don't think it's going to happen.

57 minutes ago, Dick Seacup said:

There is no talking to him. He's fond of saying, "There are two types of people in this world. Avoid them both." Not sure what you mean about words changing. You mean when people mis-type "Gibson"?  Never happened to me. Nuh-uh.

Hey how'd you get Gibson to NOT be Gibbons?! 

1 hour ago, Gitfiddler said:

Hey how'd you get Gibson to NOT be Gibbons?! 

I can type with above average accuracy? :huh: Dunno. 

Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson

That'll jack up the search engines, eh?

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Gibson Guitar Company Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection - Variety

Noted jazz master Henry Juszkiewicz plays chords inaccessible to anyone else.  Note this one: Em/F#(add 2)sorta, with the thumb damped F#, the E-and-a-half, and the C#-and-three-quarters. A player's player.

21 minutes ago, yoslate said:

Noted jazz master Henry Juszkiewicz plays chords inaccessible to anyone else.  Note this one: Em/F#(add 2)sorta, with the thumb damped F#, the E-and-a-half, and the C#-and-three-quarters. A player's player.

Every time I pick up a guitar, the fingers of my fretting hand magically form, in order of likelihood, an open E, G or C (but never an A or D). When I see posed pictures of people holding guitars and not fingering an open E, G or C, I sometimes wonder, "What does that...sound like?" In Henry's case, keep in mind he envisioned Gibson only as a "lifestyle brand", a la H-D, from which he could extract a fortune. And that's where I'll stop.

Also, when does the comma go inside the quotes and when doesn't it? I've always put it inside when it was an actual quote of something said, but outside when it's used, as here, only to convey a certain snarkiness. I hope I haven't been going around all these years executing the literary equivalent of an Em/F#(add)sorta, y'know?

Archived