Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

NGD 2017 Heritage H-155 NAMM Limited


HANGAR18
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, chico said:

nice one, badass as stated. I'm a big H155 fan. When I picked my '00 "Q" Millie up it was for sale at a Royal Oak guitar store on ebay. I saw it, (RED), it seduced me! Plus it had silver/nickel (whichever) hardware, my preference. A Millie DC that I had purchased prior had gold hardware, the normal. Both had (have) HRW pickups, standard issue at that time.

When I got mine home, I immediately knew my H150 was a guitar that I didn't need anymore. The weight difference was unreal. And the thing flat out screams, plenty of overtone and sustain thru my Marshall or Fender amps. 

The pics are from the day I picked her up, I was driving back west on I-94 towards Kalamazoo when I decided to take a few shots of her posed outside the old Michigan Central railroad shop complex in Jackson. I've since replaced the tailpiece with a Nashville bridge and the input jack was getting iffy so a quick stop at the brentster's guitar emportium and sewing room changes were made.  I love this guitar. 

Ya, the Millie is a great stud in the rack to own.

Congrats.

 

RedMillieniumH155-1.jpg

RedMillieniumH155-9.jpg

RedMillieniumH155-17.jpg

Nice looking guitar! Cool headstock too! I like Millie's (especially the non F-hole models), because they remind me of my L5s guitars, which are some of my favorites. Got any pictures with the new tailpiece and bridge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Nice looking guitar! Cool headstock too! I like Millie's (especially the non F-hole models), because they remind me of my L5s guitars, which are some of my favorites. Got any pictures with the new tailpiece and bridge?

Thank you. 

IMG_6094.JPEG

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

 So the only remaining theory I have is that both headstocks came from the exact same piece of figured Maple, two sequential layers of the same exact piece of wood. In other words, take a piece of figured Maple, shave off a paper thin layer of that wood to make a veneer, then immediately shave off another paper thin layer and make another veneer. I think that's how they did it. Same pattern on both guitars but very different patterns on the bodies.

I think you're right on the money.   There is a slight difference down by the TR cover.  See the dark stripe just below the high E tuner.. its not there on your guitar.   I would expect that if the veneers were sequential cuts.    Its like when you have true book matched pieces.   Sometimes there is a slight difference between sides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

I think you're right on the money.   There is a slight difference down by the TR cover.  See the dark stripe just below the high E tuner.. its not there on your guitar.   I would expect that if the veneers were sequential cuts.    Its like when you have true book matched pieces.   Sometimes there is a slight difference between sides.

I see what you are talking about. But when I turn the guitar to look at it from that same angle, then that thick stripey thing appears. (Doggone flame Maple. hahahaha)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I see what you are talking about. But when I turn the guitar to look at it from that same angle, then that thick stripey thing appears. (Doggone flame Maple. hahahaha)

Exactly.  One needs to view from the same angle to see the color change in the curl (flame).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very famous guitar Heritage made, I also remember seeing it in the shop.  The black binding is hard to spot on that neck, but its a killer guitar.

Congratulations, you found yourself quite a rare model.  Possibly, the only one like it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Very famous guitar Heritage made, I also remember seeing it in the shop.  The black binding is hard to spot on that neck, but its a killer guitar.

Congratulations, you found yourself quite a rare model.  Possibly, the only one like it?

They made at least 2 possibly 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

It looks like they still have one of the dark red ones in their custom shop, AH02303

https://heritageguitars.com/products/custom-shop-winter-namm-2018-h-155m-electric-guitar-dark-washed-red-ah02303  

The headstock veneer looks more like the one in the Pete Farmer video.

 

Maybe they never sold either one of these guitars and I actually wound up buying this one as New Old Stock because it was technically a "demo" model used by EMG and the seller just wanted to clear it out of inventory. Pure speculation.

Maybe one of these days I could make an online video playing this guitar and boost some interest in this design.

 

Edited by HANGAR18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting guitar, and I too remember seeing that guitar in Kzoo. Had to have been a custom order, given the absence of fretboard markers. Well, you won't have to debate the MOP vs Pearloid topic on this one! Welcome to the Millinium club!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

Maybe they never sold either one of these guitars and I actually wound up buying this one as New Old Stock because it was technically a "demo" model used by EMG and the seller just wanted to clear it out of inventory. Pure speculation.

Maybe one of these days I could make an online video playing this guitar and boost some interest in this design.

 

you should make that video

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's butter yellow to you!

image.png.0381df705655af7bb67a158f302e1f21.png

Rock it DB!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marv made this and I received it at one of the PSPs.

They called it a Millennium Pro.

Also a double cut I still have.

 

Milli Ultra Pro 001small.jpg

Milli DC .jpg

Edited by skydog52
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2021 at 6:43 PM, Steiner said:

Nice snatch!  The Florentine horn is beautiful as is that naked ebony fretboard.  She looks like she'll rock your socks off.  Plug her in and enjoy the ride!

PS - Don't let @Conneazoosee that black binding!!!

I have OG Black Binding beause of the..........erm, whatever. I like Black Binding!! 

On 9/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, HANGAR18 said:

Heritage2017-H155-02.jpg

Dude!! Beauty of an axe. I was gonna grab it on a payday and found it gone. Oh well. I hope you play it in good heath ya butth......uh...big nice guy! LOL!! :)

 

Seriously. Enjoy it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Conneazoo said:

I have OG Black Binding beause of the..........erm, whatever. I like Black Binding!! 

Dude!! Beauty of an axe. I was gonna grab it on a payday and found it gone. Oh well. I hope you play it in good heath ya butth......uh...big nice guy! LOL!! :)

 

Seriously. Enjoy it. 

Uh oh...  The cat's out of the bag!  Hide it Hanger18

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steiner said:

Uh oh...  The cat's out of the bag!  Hide it Hanger18

I don't think I'm ever going to sell it, but then again, any guitar I've ever said I would NEVER sell, has never remained in my collection. They are all gone.

I like this guitar and I'm not trying to flip it or anything, but lately I've found myself staring WAY too long at those new Custom Core H150's that Heritage has been putting out. SO a future trade might be plausible. Heck, lately I've also been missing all the Gibby Les Pauls I've ever parted with, especially seeing as what they are worth these days. I can still play my light weight lawyer guitars to make my back happy but I'm also starting to like the idea of having and actual "collection" of classic, traditional guitars as well, just to have around as an investment and occasional noodling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...